ECP Light and Starts but Cuts out Immediately After

Benj1292

Hi All,

Seat arosa auto, 1.4 been going great without a hitch. Suddenly starts and then cuts out filling it up with fuel as much as I can get into a jerry can today and disconnecting the battery in hopes that it helps! I've put it down to either fuel pipe or a sensor somewhere. I was thinking the immobilizer but surely it wouldn't start if that was the case.

Any help greatly appreciated

2 hours ago, Benj1292 said:

So definitely immobilizer! Thank you so much!

Best cause of action on fixing it? Can I just deactivate it via the fuse box?

You can not, @mk2 says it is not possible to even bypass it with emulator. Actually I dont know how to repair it, I would take it to a car electrician.

Edited by ObjectiveAway

There's a rice grain sized chip in the key 'handle' that communcates with the pick-up coil located around the ignition key barrel.

It is possible- if you're really careful - to remove it and move it right up against the pickup coil. Then try holding it in place with some tape.

The pickup range is only about 20mm, so moving it closer might help. You could simply tape it below where it's not visible. But bear in mind your car will have no theft prevention...

(symptoms for key lockout is that the engine briefly starts normally then about 1-2 seconds later cuts out- anything else is not the key)

Edited by mk2