VW lupo 1.0 auc P0300

clcoles

Hi guys, honestly been about ten years since I've needed to post, but the time has come.

Last December I was lucky enough my very first lupo back on the road after rebuilding the gearbox etc however recently I noticed it was starting to struggle starting when the car had been sat over 12 hours or more. I got myself a copy of vcds and scanned the car multiple times and according to said software I have a P0300 code (random multiple misfire)

Sounds simple enough, or so I thought. So the tldr.

I've replaced spark plugs, HT leads, coul pack, two temp sensors, MAP sensor, fuel filter, general service etc blah blah and it still says I have the same problem. I honestly can't feel any misfire when driving the car and the starting thing has improved but still evidently something wrong. However the help I need from you guys is where to go next I know of certain things it could be from what I've seen online etc but if I'm being Frank I cannot afford to just keep buying parts on a whim anymore and was wondering if anyone could shed any light as to what they think it could be, oast experiences etc? Thankyou very much.

Wow, seems weird that I'm posting to a CL member that's been here longer than me...!

Anyways, sounds very similar to this problem- i was about to post the exact same thing then thought makes sense to point you here...

Hi Mike thanks for your reply I've had a look at the thread you shared. Sounds relatively similar other than I have no issue with speed only the cold start and pulling away at low speeds. But also no smoke atall. And until yesturday (when I changed MAP sensor) it was using more fuel than it should be by alot. Seems such a trivial thing but im far too attached to the car to just give up but it's so frustrating at the same time !!