Nice BMC fitment

Tigz™

Thanks people for the comments! I did all the work myself taken a while to finish but its done now! got parts from forge, smaco, demon tweeks and a place called rally design (does fords)

Its on the original pipe (which is in the inner wing) but i have two feeds to this, and a vent cut in the wing! so plenty of air getin in maybe two much??

Thanks people for the comments! I did all the work myself taken a while to finish but its done now! got parts from forge, smaco, demon tweeks and a place called rally design (does fords)

Its on the original pipe (which is in the inner wing) but i have two feeds  to this, and a vent cut in the wing! so plenty of air getin in maybe two much??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello mate,

Where did you get the bend from ie who made it for you?

By the way ,nice Work

Edited by tshirt2k

i agree, looks great. did you get any info on the dump valve t-peice tshirt??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm in two minds what to do now. confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> . I was thinking to have a catch tank and recirculate it back into the engine. But not sure.

By what people are saying, the small tee is 20mm i just need to confirm the bmc o/d then i can order it.

My BMC should be here in a few days, so i want to get all the bits together ready for fitting.

the bmc hosing diameter is definatly 70mm, and the breather hose is give or take 20mm.

so that peice you mentioned would be ideal if the smaller t-peice section is 20mm. i was just curious if you had found out if it was?

That one i posted was from demon tweeks but forge motorsport said they can make them to any size you want.

here

but they can make them different sizes with the hose joiners they have

70mm hose joiner

and 19 mm or 22mm joiner

all for £20+vat £5 delivery shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

ive only ordered a 70mm 90deg elbow (in red actually!) just so i can work out what i need as i go along. il also need a coupling hose but i havent ordered that yet.

i ordered it from revolution motorstore at gateshead, mainly because its just down the road from me.

mine has been on order for about 6 weeks though mate so be prepared for a bit of a wait!

Connecting it to the stock wing vent is a taboo. Its cold air, but the pipe becomes a really small diameter inside. Very restrictive!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah. It just goes into some bizzare mass of foam in the wing that has no apparent air feed! I also don't know why he's put his oil breather after the filter. It should go ahead of the filter shouldn't it?

Yeah. It just goes into some bizzare mass of foam in the wing that has no apparent air feed! I also don't know why he's put his oil breather after the filter. It should go ahead of the filter shouldn't it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep the foam in the wing does nothing for air flow, thats why i removed the pipe, even on the standard box. Makes a major improvement and improves MPG too.

It right where he has put the breather. If it went before the filter it would clog it up with oil.

yeah i know mate, ive had my bmc on for nearly a year now, just wanted to tidy things up with samco! - should look pretty good if it all fits snug and symetrical!

i picked the samco 90deg elbow today, but havent got my car at the min. think i might just leave it off for a while anyways, till i get a t-peice and the other odds and sods i need to do the breather mod.

My T piece arrived on thurs from forge. it slightly long so i cut it down (10mm).

tee.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

And i managed to fit it all together with a temporary breather connection.

But **** me i love the extra power and noise. wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

Just got to mod the cover so it fits on.

Edited by tshirt2k

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> need to put mine back on! but i think il wait till i get all the bit for the breather conection.

looks good though mate! how much did it set you back then?