1.4 tdi sport which exhaust system?

johnknox

Hello everybody I currently have a 1.4 tdi sport project on the go and i need advice on which exhaust  system to go for. the bodywork is being fattened, banded modular steels tasteful bumper lip / spoiler etc and I'd like an exhaust system to go with it. any ideas? seen a remus system but would prefer something fatter. thanks for any ideas, John

Welcome to club lupo! :)

You can either make your own from scratch, buy an after market thing or go for OEM equivalent. I always suggest OEM equiv or OEM if the car will be a keeper, but it's entirely your choice. There is no such thing as a performance exhaust while staying quiet. And a bit more noise sadly doesn't mean more power. You need a lot more noise to see a very small increase in power (like 2-3hp).

Got a stainless system on mine and swear i had the receipt for it (£350 i think), but no cant find it to tell you what it is. Decat, single back box and 2 inch pipes, personally if I was getting one made up I'd go 2.5 inches. Mine sounds lovely mind.

thanks for the warm welcome, not bothered how loud it is or to be honest bhp increase isn't a high priority either, it's got to look nice and fat more than anything.  do you have any pictures you could upload of the exhausts you are using? my banded steels arrived today can't wait to see how much we need to stretch the arches. it's going to be fat!