Oil Catch Tank Group Buy

Tigz™

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys thats all the cheques in bar two.

Could you conferm if you are still wanting one please guys, as I can get these cashed this side of the weekend if not.

Thanks to everyone smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Tigz PAID

Tim PAID

test_richie PAID

Squib PAID

Dare

Loopy Lupo

HenryG40 PAID

FluxCo x2 PAID

DubDub PAID

Polo6n1600i PAID

Dubprince PAID

Jac M x2 PAID

IGOR PAID

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the news, now I've got to intercept the postie before SWMBO finds out!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

No.

You still use a oil breather filter with a catcher tank.

A filter is a filter.

A catcher tank goes in between. So the oil doesn't clog up the filter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Buying my bmc on tueday so that means i will have to buy an oil catcher aswell then coz i am getting the filter and breather filter for £150 amd i was told the breather was the oil catcher

Who told you that?

Its just a filter.

I will do the job, but you'll be cleaning it contently.

there is another option.

tshirt2k has found a company who will build a adpapter ring for the BMC to fit the breather back into the throttle boddie.

£20 if I remember rightly.

I just prefere this way, as its not gonna fill by tbs with crap.

Im too lazy to be cleaning all the time.

Plus this looks cool as **** biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Who told you that?

Its just a filter.

I will do the job, but you'll be cleaning it contently.

there is another option.

tshirt2k has found a company who will build a adpapter ring for the BMC to fit the breather back into the throttle boddie.

£20 if I remember rightly.

I just prefere this way, as its not gonna fill by tbs with crap.

Im too lazy to be cleaning all the time.

Plus this looks cool as **** biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I had know that I would have orderd the oil catcher is there anyway u can sort me out with this group buy is there roomm fro a little one smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Sorry bud, my job is done here biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

If you give the dude a call with a credit card number and your address he'll sort you out.

Tell him your calling from Club Lupo.

01580 891309

Sorry bud, my job is done here biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

If you give the dude a call with a credit card number and your address he'll sort you out.

Tell him your calling from Club Lupo.

01580 891309

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will I get it at the same pice at what u did or will I have to pay a little more. Andy thanks for all you help u didn't have to give me this info cheers

Edited by D7 YME

Yes mate.

Ive still got to call him to give him another address of a dude who got his cheque to me late.

And I know, Mitch is calling him to pay himself so it'd be fine mate.

Yes mate.

Ive still got to call him to give him another address of a dude who got his cheque to me late.

And I know, Mitch is calling him to pay himself so it'd be fine mate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so dod i still need the breather plus if i do what is the purpose of the breather sorry for all the uestions

If you take a look at this pic.

This is basicly what is happening.

Instead of the oil blocking the filter up with oil, the oil 'catches' in the tank.

Then the filter is able to filter the breather pipe as its designed to do without needing to clean it all the time.

Will help stop the smell you get with a BMC and breather filter.

catchtank1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by Tigz

If you take a look at this pic.

This is basicly what is happening.

Instead of the oil blocking the filter up with oil, the oil 'catches' in the tank.

Then the filter is able to filter the breather pipe as its designed to do without needing to clean it all the time.

Will help stop the smell you get with a BMC and breather filter.

catchtank1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do u have to empty the catcher at all

Yes.

Theres a drain screw at the bottom of the tank, so when it starts to get full, just undo the bolt, and drain out the oil.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> easy

Yes.

Theres a drain screw at the bottom of the tank, so when it starts to get full, just undo the bolt, and drain out the oil.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> easy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And I will be getting the lovely chrome one that is in the first topic starter cos abot £39

pounds iff so looks well cool will fir in to the engine nicely wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

first tank fitted!

Bracket.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Overview.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Big_Overview.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

first tank fitted!

Bracket.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Overview.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Big_Overview.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tigz, what did you use to connect the 10mm hose to the sump breather??

Ive not fitted mine mate.

Thats an 8v 1400 engine by the way wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

He used two connections a reducer and a T piece but he didnt have the sizes to hand when he posted the pics.

Mine turned up this morning and i only purchased it on friday morning I was a little shock that it came so quick. All I have to do now is order my BMC on tuesday then I am good to go. MY bmc is coming with a breather filter will I need to fit that aswell as the oil catcher or is it one or the other