Lupo sports mods

twitch

Hi guys has anyone got any

suggestions I have a lupo 1.4 sport which I love but would like to do some mod work it is my daily drive so need reliability but have seen a 1.4 with turbo might be an option I am just in the process of fabricating a new exhaust 

whos done what even thought of 1.8t lump any suggestions 

suspension coil over or lowering Springs

any help would be very much appreciated  

Edited by twitch
Type error

As it's a daily driver your going to be limited to what you can do in a weekend, so that's interior, wheels and tyres, and simple suspension  / brake mods. coil overs need good quality set up facilites so not your local quick fit.

Best performance value is to try to increase your corner speed which is just suspension and brakes, the std brakes should be up to the job if they are well maintained and in good condition.

Lowering springs on new std shock are probably a good call as all you need to do is reset the camber and anyone should be able to do that, budget for a set of camber bolts to get to an acceptable camber value.

Loud exhaust are a personal taste, not on a daily driver I think.

DIY turbos can't do that in a weekend, best value is to maximise the existng engine dependng on miles of course. so new airfilter, plugs, leads top quality synthetic oil and clean the throttle body and EGR using guides on here.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice all makes perfect sense the car is a 2000 and has done 55000 miles it used to be my mates wife's run about I have got another car that I can use as I am fully aware that some of the mods I mentioned are not a weekend job 

I just kind of fell in love with this car when I bought it and am keen to make some changes to performance and looks as I don't like being the same as the next person  

i can get away with some performance upgrades as I am 49 so my insurance is very reasonable 

but my take on life is that being a bit older does not mean it's all pipe and slippers 

live every day to the max and enjoy life 

That's allright then a more interesting approach might be:

1.4 16v on throttle bodies, replace factory ECU with aftermarket, STAK or Racetec dash get rid of factory gaugues

4-2-1manifold with 200 cell race CAT

Mild lowering 25 - 30 mm to preserve ride comfort

wheels to taste 15 - 16 inch and nice sticky tyres

Leather interior perhaps

• Like 1

All sound advice thank you did the exhaust this weekend and results are just what I wanted sound good on excerlation but at cruising speed you don't even need to turn the radio up  

Drove to work today with my new exhaust and forgot to mention yesterday the most important thing throttle response is much quicker and the car just seems to breath much better drives with less effort would be the easiest way to explain it 

New exhaust consists of a rear box removal and fabricating a free flow from front box which I have left in and exiting through twin 2" in the centre much the same as a gti exit.

the next stage will be a new cat

i know this is not in the league of a  kam racing system but for now it has transformed the driving experience 

suspension next 

• 5 years later...