GTI Xenons

Furiokid

Hi guys, this may sound like a stupid question and may have been covered elsewhere but couldn't find a thread.

Basically my passenger xenon started flickering the other day so ordered a new bulb which I fitted tonight but upon removal of the headlight I found the ballast to be damaged on the bottom of the light unit and duck tapped into place (nice repair lol). Fitted the new bulb just on the off chance of it still being that but it's obviously still flickering and then not coming on.

So obviously looking like the ballast needs replacing which is going to be £140 cheapest so far, but my question is, surely I can just wire in an after market D2S HID kit? I know this doesn't make it OEM but just looking at the cost difference.

Anyone else done this?

I don't know if you can or not, good idea tho, the power output, plug configuration would have to be spot on tho. There is a passenger side xenon on eBay for like 75 quid tho, I'd grab that if I were you. 

I did see that but doesn't come with any ballast/control unit :( appreciate the heads up though.

I've seen the slim line replacement 35W ballasts for D2S xenon systems which are about £45 but need loom modification. Just in the process of searching for a replacement ballast anywhere else.

Google lists it as a 6 pin Valeo unit?

Also thought if I just replace the whole system to a CAN-BUS error D2S HID kit it replaces the igniter as well in case there's a fault with that too?

Fitted HID kits in previous cars, just need to find the headlight signal wire in the multiplug (unless anyone has a wiring diagram on here) so as to switch it on

Thanks guys, appreciate the input :) 

If anyone has done it, if they could post up the wires that need connecting too at the multiplug or a wiring diagram that'd be great :)

I'll get a kit ordered as need the headlights sorting