'iPad mini' Dash installation

jparkes43

Hello all.

Since i been wanting to upgrade the in car entertainment of my Lupo. I have been seeing lots if videos of iPads and other things installed into the dashboard of the car etc. Now i did see one of a nexus 7 in a Lupo specifically but i was thinking something like an iPad mini or a iPhone 6+ because i'm an apple fan and because it would sync with all my other apple products. I think i am confident with the wiring side as thats not to difficult. question is with the Lupo dash panel is how to fit the thing. just wondering is anyone on here has done it and can give me some help. like do i need to make a panel or can i adapt it to fit ok.

edit: iim thinking about either relocating the faceplate as i realise it is in the way or doing away with it and just using the iPad but keeping it wired behind it for the sound to go through

Any help is appreciated.

Here is the sizes of the devices just if that helps

iphone6-plus-specs-size-2014.png

ipad.mini_.dimensions.jpg

Thanks

James

Edited by jparkes43

The 7 inch iPad is roughly double din size.

So wouldn't be too hard to do really.

Not a huge fan of Kent's install. Bit too over the top imo, but a very good guide for you to fit yours with.

Hello.

thanks very much there. Thats a good plan there to think about. so if you took out the double din panel you could fit the iPad in there, awesome. so much more simpler than i though. Right lets hunt an iPad mini down.

James

I was aware of this but thanks any way. Been looking on the Bay of e and have found some broken ones but not with any with dud batteries so i will keep on looking. It will be hardwired in from a 12v supply in the charing port so it is powered with the cat etc (i think it works that when you turn they key the iPad fires up). then the output for music will go into my stereo. then i have all the other functionalities. a 3g one is preferred but not paramount.

so just to be clear the iPad would fit with the current double din setup i jus need to make it so that it is attached from the back and somehow change the location of the radio. and i need to chop up the plate a little bit.

James

Edited by jparkes43

I was aware of this but thanks any way. Been looking on the Bay of e and have found some broken ones but not with any with dud batteries so i will keep on looking. It will be hardwired in from a 12v supply in the charing port so it is powered with the cat etc (i think it works that when you turn they key the iPad fires up). then the output for music will go into my stereo. then i have all the other functionalities. a 3g one is preferred but not paramount.

so just to be clear the iPad would fit with the current double din setup i jus need to make it so that it is attached from the back and somehow change the location of the radio. and i need to chop up the plate a little bit.

James

It would fit with some very limited modification yeah. You might need to shave some excess plastic but not a huge amount.

• 2 months later...