drivers window problem

gsyluposport

Hi all i have a problem with the drivers side electric window where the switch doesn't light up but it still operates the passenger window and the drivers side window just makes a clicking noise when the button is pressed do i need a new switch or is there a problem with a window?

probably the switches as they are prone to corrosion on the contacts. You can strip them down and clean up the contacts under the little metal contact pads and the pads themselves and see if that works, but if there's heavy corrosion there could be broken tracks and missing contact pads in which case the time and effort spend fixing them isnt worth it, i.e it's ****ed. (like one of the ones i bought was!)

If you want to know if your window mech works and bypass the switch then go to last post here:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/101631-electric-windows-not-workin-properly/

As per Sausage, sounds like the switch is knackered. Strip it down, clean it, see if you can get it working again. If not, PM me, I'm selling really good quality aftermarket switches for a fraction of the VW OEM price.