Can anyone answer this question.???

number63

Fitting a rclick rcl kit to a lupo 1.4tdi which already has central locking, just want to know if you can use a genuine vw remote with rclick kit. I have emailed them and opened a support ticket on their site but no reply.

I know they have a kit that works on i think 433.92 mhz and i know the standard vw genuine flip remotes work on 434mhz.

The rclick kits have learning mode. So will it work? Ive searched and searched and searched some more but cant find the answer.

I have had rclick stuff before and the remotes are not the best quality so if i could use the genuine vw remote that would be cool.

Anyone?

But if theyre on the same frequency why wont it work?

because they're not sending the same signal. Think about it like a walkie talkie. You might have the same frequency but doesn't mean you're talking the same language.

I'll give you a further technical explanation when I get home.

Edited by Skezza

Its cool skezza think ive got it , plus the new ones by rclick retrofit to standard vw remotes as theyre the same size circuit boards.

The rclick keys are cheap and **** but their internals fit an OEM key. It's not the cheapest mod in that regard but crack on lad.

Lol thanks skezza, ive done it before but the flip key on the rclick kit doesnt last very long so want to do it proper this time

do it but your oem key will cost a fair amount.