flash car wash

has anyone tried this? its supposed to have good reports as you dont have to dry your car. (i hate drying my car its the worst bit)

but its 20quid for a gimmick that might not work!

Jen x

I had one of these Flash home car wash things for a few weeks. Dead simple to use and ideal for a quick wash, but the sponge does get very dirty when you're sponging the car down, so its useful to have a bucket of clean water nearby to rinse the sponge in after every panel...

Problem is I'm big into my Autoglym and the Flash system needs to use its own shampoo, which contains certain ingredients (polymers) that work in conjunction with the "autodry" (read: filtered water) feature to leave a streak-free finish.

I'd still have the Flash gun lying about ready for use but I kinda broke it when I dropped it (about 5 feet or so onto concrete) and broke the housing around the filter cartridge and the connector for the hosepipe blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> so its back to the trusty bucket and sponge for me!

All in all it did a good job, more so on black or dark coloured cars than silver/white etc, but the fact that it would mean stopping using Autoglym means I wouldn't have used it regularly! Good for a quick wash though beacuse you can ****** off and have a cuppa whilst the car dries. But don't forget you'll still have to go round and wipe down the door and boot shuts! The filters last longer the softer your water is, I used it 5 times before breaking it and it was fine.

stick to a hose, bucket water with autoglym in it and a shammy leather! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

(not tried the flash thingy by the way - hard work is the best way!!!!)

I read about this on the ukmkiv's website and it got totally slated.

I agree, you can't beat the good old bucket and sponge. I claybar'd my car and then polished it with Meguires a few week back, was really impressed by the shine.

claybard2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

claybard4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />