Problem with my Lupo! Help!

Jnsneu

Okey got some updates!

Cleaned the TB Like a Motherf*****r and refitted with new gaskets.

The car runs great while driving. The idle is pretty perfect 60% of the times and now when i disconnect the plug on the TB the car is running worse on the idle rather then perfect as it did before as seen in the video i posted.

When i rev it just a little (A little touch on the pedal) i can feel the pedal/TB doing some movements of its own, is that the motors in the TB doing something?

Yeah sounds about right. If you've still got problems with idling, your leads and plugs might be on the way out.

Checked the leads ands they looked like they have been changed by the previuos owner recently.

To be honset im really all out of ideas.

When i drive the car cold its still really jumpy/choppy when accelerating but that goes away as soon as its warm. I really start to think that it might not be anything wrong with the idle really, sure its very very low but not to the point were the car is about to die.

What idle rpm is normal for a Lupo 1.4 16v when the engine is warm?

What else could i check? I havent done the TBA yet and was gonna clean the EGR valve but both screws are completly destroyed so i have to figure out how to get it of first.

Thanks mates

• 6 months later...

Checked the leads ands they looked like they have been changed by the previuos owner recently.

To be honset im really all out of ideas.

When i drive the car cold its still really jumpy/choppy when accelerating but that goes away as soon as its warm. I really start to think that it might not be anything wrong with the idle really, sure its very very low but not to the point were the car is about to die.

What idle rpm is normal for a Lupo 1.4 16v when the engine is warm?

What else could i check? I havent done the TBA yet and was gonna clean the EGR valve but both screws are completly destroyed so i have to figure out how to get it of first.

Thanks mates

Im currently noticing a similar issue with mine, except mine idles very low and then just as it returns to normal idling, it cuts out. Restart it and its fine.

Did you get to the bottom of this ?

Edited by myles983