pulling to the left!

agilecanonbal

It sounds to me if it was the tyres that their centre reinforcement beam had probably buckled. The centre shaft is reinforced which allows the tyre to maintain shape. Age and manufacturing defects mean this can buckle and causes bulges which then would result in a real **** ride and pulling to one side. I had this a few weeks back and unfortunately was told that they would not replace it for free because "it's most likely been done by a pothole". Bullshit, but what can you do eh?

The one that went was a Continental Eco Contact. Replaced with another to be fair because I rate them.

Edited by Skezza

The one that went was a Continental Eco Contact. Replaced with another to be fair because I rate them.

Skezza, I run 4 of them on my mk4, because `i couldn't get michellins in that size. Do you find that the contis wear a bit faster than normal? They are nice'n'quiet though.

Skezza, I run 4 of them on my mk4, because `i couldn't get michellins in that size. Do you find that the contis wear a bit faster than normal? They are nice'n'quiet though.

I think they're ok. I've seen worse. I remember a set of nankangs were awful. They're shocking. The contis seem ok although I run them slightly above the 36psi recommended in the manual. They're quiet although loops aren't quiet cars imo, especially the sdi.

I think they're ok. I've seen worse. I remember a set of nankangs were awful. They're shocking. The contis seem ok although I run them slightly above the 36psi recommended in the manual. They're quiet although loops aren't quiet cars imo, especially the sdi.

Nankangs aren't that bad. I had some SV-2's and they where very decent tyres.

Nankangs aren't that bad. I had some SV-2's and they where very decent tyres.

The Nankangs wore very quickly and one of them warped in a very odd way, perhaps due to the age of the tyre more than anything else.

Personally, I don't recommend them, but there we go.

Neither would I. But it's a decent snow tyre plus it's better than ling longs or whatever.

Well, if you were selling your car, they're fine to put on then :D