Finding a good SDi or TDi!

Ry_b

Hi all

Not really fussed on mileage, but I've looked at a handful of both SDi and TDi over the last month or so

Every one I've looked at or phoned about seems to have been neglected, the owners know nothing abuot changing the cambelts or service history!

I know they are quite old cars now and I'm not expecting every receipt from new, but some kind of history would be nice

Is it possible to still find a nice SDi/TDi?

I'm not fussy, either will do (I'd probably prefer the SDi due to better relability but either are generally reliable from my research) the only requirement I have is it has SOME kind of service history/proof of recent work, it isn't yellow or green, that's it!

Am I asking too much?

I've also looked at Arosa's but I don't like the front bumper on them, think the Lupo is the better looker!

If anyone can point me in the direction of a nice SDi or TDi upto £2000 absolute max, preferably more like £1500ish that would be great!

took me about two months to find a decent SDI (less to go wrong than a Tdi), and I paid 2K for a 55k milage 01 plate. But it was immaculate = original (apart from central locking, windows and the usual pedal box). I had to travel 3h to get to it. mechanicals can always be fixed at home. Bodywork and interior are much more difficult, so be sure to make sure they're ok. And get lots of keys- I have just one and am still battling to get them copied without paying a fortune. Now onto my 3rd computer interface...

we've got an absolute cracker for sale ! .7 sdi , loads of new bits, ground up rebuild etc. pm me if you're interested - geoff