wheel bearing woes

i replaced the wheel bearing on my 1.4tdi arosa around 3 months ago and I've recently had to have it replaced again. (NSF) now its noisy again and I'm wondering if something is causing it to wear very quickly and I'm not solving the problem by replacing the wheel bearing I've been tad the hub could be out of shape. anyone ever had these issues?

One obvious question - where did you buy the bearings?There are some pattern bearings on sale which are of dubious quality. It is best to pay a little extra for quality bearings and make sure they are fitted properly.

I'd keep away from the eBay ones.

• 2 weeks later...

R U sure it's the wheel bearings? A noisy but not gone cv joint can make bearing type sounds at speed.

hmmm only when turning strongly surely?

hmmm only when turning strongly surely?

I've had a golf that i was convinced the front wheel bearings were going, and it was the cvs. Wierd thing was that they didn't click when turning, although the central spiders had loads a play in them when the steering was pointing straight ahead. Changed to new cvs and silent running again. Odd huh?

I've had a golf that i was convinced the front wheel bearings were going, and it was the cvs. Wierd thing was that they didn't click when turning, although the central spiders had loads a play in them when the steering was pointing straight ahead. Changed to new cvs and silent running again. Odd huh?

Very.