See post below for pictures:
TAX: 01/03/20 (but cannot transfer this anymore), Tax is £30 Annually)
Colour: Dark Grey
Engine size: 1.7
Fuel type: Diesel
150,000 (currently still in use, so increases)
Description including modifications:
I'm the third owner from 16/03/13 on wards. Its my daily driver, but its starting to have a few mechanical issues, which I don't have the time to sort myself, so I'm hoping to sell it on as a light project for someone. Gutted as I really wanted to keep this car until the engine goes, and then maybe do a V5 swap, but having a baby and another project, means I don't have time to be working on the daily drive anymore.
- Two keys included, the torch on the main key does not work, light bulb is missing.
The car runs and drives, and starts every time and has MOT
Mechanic problems that need attention:
- The Gearbox has started to 'wine' in the lower gears. This is due to the selector seal needing replacing and hasn't been sorted. I was quoted 1200 to source and fix the gearbox. It would benefit from an oil change. I will include the selector seal part with the sale. The noise isn't very loud (doesn't sound like a super charger, but is noticeable. Its been like this for about a year now.
- I've seen on this forum the repair kit for the internal gearboxes is around 120 quid? Hopefully this can be sorted by someone who has the time. I don't, unfortunately.
- The bodywork is scuffed, there is also some surface rust on the rear wheel arches. I treated this with some wire wool and hammerite, but has come back. This hasn't rotted through the panel yet.
- One of the door strips has fallen off and left the rubber residue on the door.
- There is a dent in the rear quarter panel (probably from a bollard, was like that when I bought it)
- The car has been used all year round. The interior is in need of a good deep clean. There are some stains on the front seats and has a cigarette burn on the rear seat. This is from a previous owner, and the car does not smell of cigarettes (perhaps a careless passenger)
- The Aux belt has started to get noisy at idle (will include a new Aux belt)
- The wheel arch covers are missing.
- The engine under covers are not fitted, but included in sale.
- Rear suspension bump stops are torn and would benefit from replacing. I assume the rear suspension is original, as I've never touched it.
Rear tyres are old and have been on the car from before I owned it, they are starting to get some hair line cracks, however it passed MOT without advisories
- Steel wheels have surface rust
- Original VW Wheel trims present, but scuffed
Part service history. Full folder of receipts during my ownership. I have serviced the vehicle myself for most of its ownership doing oil and filter. Very little history prior to my ownership.
During my ownership I have had following done, or changed the following:
- Cam belt done twice, last done 17/09/18 142646 miles (done by a local garage)
- Front suspension fully replaced with genuine VW parts 28/02/17
- Power steering hose replaced 14/03/17 mileage, 139727
- Front Tyres replaced 2014, Kumo's
- Alternator, Aux belt, Tension er, 23/11/15 mileage 135638
- NS front ball joint replaced 23/11/15, mileage 135638
- Rear brake wheel cylinder, Shoes, shoe fitting kit and Fuel filter changed 01/03/19, Mileage 142646
- Front exhaust pipe with CAT, gaskets renewed 17/10/14, Miliege 129887
- Front discs and pads changed
- Handbrake cable replaced 10/03/14, mileage 118930
Location: West Bromwich, West Midlands, B71 area
Spare parts included
- Aux belt
- Gearbox selector seal
- First line break lines
- Gearbox selector part (can't remember name)
Images will be added later today, struggling to get my phone images to file size needed.
Price: £200 ono