Lupo 1.0e exhaust question ??

HJLUPO

Today my check light came on and I've read it with a code reader and it's come up with it being the cat , that is basically shagged , so my thoughts are , do I just go and get a straight through exhaust and decat it ??

Has anyone else done it ?

Pretty sure it's an MOT fall on a petrol car, but you could do it till your next MOT then get one installed. Are you sure it's definitely wrecked?

if you remove the cat your never going to get rid of that engine light.

the lights telling you your cats 'inefficient' so removing it isn't going to help things as it measures the gasses before and after the Cat and adjusts parameters of the engine to help it run more efficiently. so with No catalytic converter its not going to run correctly (it will probably run alright, but emissions aspect will be way out)

if it were me and it was Definitely the cat, id just put a new one on. would make no worth while performance benefit to the engine, and its just hassle come MOT time.

Right I have to say james827 your wrong I've had the cat removed and the light has not come back on I do have 1 box in and sounds very nice but yes for mot I will have to put the cat back in !!

I've decatted a hellova lot of powerful petrol cars with decat pipes. you have a couple of options, find a tame mot examiner (there is a way around the lack of cat) or make up a pipe with a cat in it the same size as your cat replacement pipe so that come mot time it's a swap over, then when your mot is passed with cat you change it back, so everybody is happy. on some cars, however the changeover requires a different map, so be warned. sometimes it's as simple as allowing your car to "relearn" the operating system by running it for a while, but then again it may not be the case. a lot of the time the best advice is do it and see what happens. geoff