Pinking In my 1lr

mattbagshaw

We have the same engine. We 100% do not have the same car. You are clearly not following.

Yes, we both have 1.0 engines. But it is you that is claiming it is PWER. I know 1.0s are slow as hell.

Never mind the fact that you were chatting balls about Vpower when you clearly have no knowledge whatsoever other than reading what RON number is stated on your fuel cap. I have Vpower in mine right now, and its running fine.

Also the name i have chosen is sarcastic , sarcasm seems to be something you cannot comprehend :P

Well i saw your post on another thread about beating a 1.4. Due to your 'heavy foot'.

Seen it all before, you must be the stig. Stop kidding yourself.

What was a joke? The whole v-power thing? I thought so.

Lol funny our PWER friend was certain it ruins engines.

Been proven wrong? its okay you were joking anyway..... pah.

no i was on about the pwer name thing

if i have someone give me proof im wrong im happy to put my hands up and say im wrong if indeed i am which i personally think im not

What was a joke? The whole v-power thing? I thought so.

and no thats not a joke its called a opinion im allowed one arnt i

and you know this how ????

shell testing. PROVEN to be better for your engine and mpg. take your argument up with shell.... or try diesel or cooking oil

Lol funny our PWER friend was certain it ruins engines.

Been proven wrong? its okay you were joking anyway..... pah.

you seem to be a fine keyboard warrior

shell testing. PROVEN to be better for your engine and mpg. take your argument up with shell.... or try diesel or cooking oil

ok send me a link proving there reasearch then

Nope. Just won't sit around while you tell the whole forum incorrect things! Besides being from Norfolk, what qualifies you to make such an assessment on shell Vpower?

ok send me a link proving there reasearch then

lets sum this up... SHELL (multi billion pound company) DEVELOP (manufacture, test and prove) a product.

YOU (whatever you are...) DRIVE (1 litre arosa) and doubt the above.

There are certain rules and regulations people have to stick too when they sell a product. one is the misuse of sales act. This basically means things cannot be advertised for something they are not. Shell would not be allowed to sell and advertise something as a 'superior' product if it wasnt. Its selling something that isnt fit for its purpose. it doesnt happen.

Sit behind your keyboard thinking about how you could build an engine out of lego and run it on orange juice if you like. I will not take your word over that of Shell.

Thanks for shopping with PeeWee

Edited by Piers

Oh, and you asked how i knew that...

I have tried and tested various fuels in my cars. I used to own a faily decent 205 Gti that was "played" with. If i ran it off 'normal' fuel then it ran like a bag of scrap... it didnt like it. If i ran it on BP ultimate it was better... Ran it on V-Power and it ran like brand new and like a rocket!

iv proven myself that V power is better. you probably wont notice the difference in a 1.0 so i can understand your confusion

He talks sense our Piers :P

In much the same way, fuel save does save fuel, even if its only a little or else they would not be allowed to advertise it as such.

you probably wont notice the difference in a 1.0 so i can understand your confusion

Correct :)

makes no difference, but doesn't ruin the engine or cause pinking.

lets sum this up... SHELL (multi billion pound company) DEVELOP (manufacture, test and prove) a product.

YOU (whatever you are...) DRIVE (1 litre arosa) and doubt the above.

There are certain rules and regulations people have to stick too when they sell a product. one is the misuse of sales act. This basically means things cannot be advertised for something they are not. Shell would not be allowed to sell and advertise something as a 'superior' product if it wasnt. Its selling something that isnt fit for its purpose. it doesnt happen.

Sit behind your keyboard thinking about how you could build an engine out of lego and run it on orange juice if you like. I will not take your word over that of Shell.

Thanks for shopping with PeeWee

ok piers hands up i am wrong with that although as you have said wouldnt be able to notice a difference in a 1 litre arosa / lupo

ok piers hands up i am wrong with that although as you have said wouldnt be able to notice a difference in a 1 litre arosa / lupo

totaly agree... to be fair.. the difference in my Gti is hardly noticable. Its certainly better but not enough to wory about. something thats highly tuned/standard high performance car shows the difference much more. I would probably go as far as saying, if you did a test yourself so calculated your MPG on regular morrisons 95 octane, then calculated your MPG on V Power and compare the two. you would probably squeeze a few more miles out of the V Power. I do get a few more miles out of V Power in mine however with the price difference there isnt a massive benefit to it...

Piers

I suppose in essence me saying that you wouldnt notice a difference in power in a 1 litre lupo/arosa is correct

;) yep

totaly agree... to be fair.. the difference in my Gti is hardly noticable. Its certainly better but not enough to wory about. something thats highly tuned/standard high performance car shows the difference much more. I would probably go as far as saying, if you did a test yourself so calculated your MPG on regular morrisons 95 octane, then calculated your MPG on V Power and compare the two. you would probably squeeze a few more miles out of the V Power. I do get a few more miles out of V Power in mine however with the price difference there isnt a massive benefit to it...

Piers

;) yep

i think thats the main point

also with unleaded petrol cheapest my way asda at £1.30 per litre as opposed to shell £1.48 it really isnt cost effective to do so . Also a 1litre arosa/lupo being 50BHP there isnt any benifit whereas with a standard gti lupo 125BHP thats more worth it but not really for the money

Many high-performance engines are designed to operate with a high maximum compression, and thus demand fuels of higher octane. A common misconception is that power output or fuel efficiency can be improved by burning fuel of higher octane than that specified by the engine manufacturer. The power output of an engine depends in part on the energy density of the fuel being burnt. Fuels of different octane ratings may have similar densities, but because switching to a higher octane fuel does not add more hydrocarbon content or oxygen, the engine cannot develop more power.

You have just copied that straight from the Wikipedia page on octane rating. Do you think we are stupid?

It still doesnt explain why you think a higher octane fuel is going to damage an engine. Some of us are waiting patiently for an answer! Noone is saying the smaller engines are able to advance the ignition timing to take advantage of the increased resistance to premature ignition, but even so it will be better for any engine due to the better additives in it.