Help, Sky High Quotes!

ArosaCal

Hi Guys and Girls,

I recently bought my first car :D (my arosa 1.4 automatic) I am a disabled driver and have to have a modification to my steering as well as an automatic gearbox, by doing this modification the car is now classed as a "modified vehicle" even though it is basically standard! As I am 17 this obviously bumps things up alot, however i've just been quoted £7200 by Admiral insurance, which seems to be cheap on here! I am wondering if anyone on here could recommend an insurance company that covers young drivers with modified motors, any leads would be a great help, or failing that, things I can do to bring my premium down! I really want to keep this arosa as its a lovely motor and probably the smallest automatic i'm going to get, my other options were 1.2 punto's but being small engines, they were 16 valve, which bumps it up again, or a 1.0 micra, which i will not even look at as they are horrible, unreliable and if it breaks down, i have to transfer my adaption over, which costs £300 a time :( Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all

Callum

Was this online or an over the phone quote, seems excessive to call it modified as most will only do this if you alter the performance of the car or change/add bodykits etc to make it more desirable to thieves.

As you arent dong that and all you are doing is including aids which help you drive i would have thought they would classify this differently .

Id always ring to explain situations like this to the companies.

Co op young drivers (im paying £800 fully comp on my own at 17) allow modifications for disabled puposes, might be worth giving them a call. They don't allow other mods though so if you wanted to mod your modded car then look for a different insurer :P

Was this online or an over the phone quote, seems excessive to call it modified as most will only do this if you alter the performance of the car or change/add bodykits etc to make it more desirable to thieves.

As you arent dong that and all you are doing is including aids which help you drive i would have thought they would classify this differently .

Id always ring to explain situations like this to the companies.

This was online, I think that i have to declare it as a steering mod so that it is covered, i'll look more into it, the phoning around starts tomorrow!

Co op young drivers (im paying £800 fully comp on my own at 17) allow modifications for disabled puposes, might be worth giving them a call. They don't allow other mods though so if you wanted to mod your modded car then look for a different insurer :P

The Co-op sounds a good idea, thanks for the tip off :)