Tuning A 1.7 SDI (Re-Map)

krissyneillie1

Hello guys and girls, sorry for not introducing myself properly, i will get round to it, but i am in need of some information preferably ASAP :).

I am looking at a 1.7 SDI lupo with 69k, its had a service and mot, but the question i ask is can these engines be re-mapped, has anyone ever re-mapped before, what sort of power gains could i see as well as an increase on MPG hopefully as well

I am no stranger to a Volkswagen, i work for the companie as an apprentice mechanic, but sadly its not an engine i am familiar with, i believe they are non turbo?

Could probably do it but I'm not sure what power you would get... If anything It'd be smoother and nicer to drive and would give better fuel gains.

You won't get the same extra pull as a tdi after 2k RPM though.

ahh right yeah i see what you mean, if i got it i would be doing away with my fiesta which i had plans for, i.e 1.7 conversion, the diesel MPG make me want the lupo however

Hello guys and girls, sorry for not introducing myself properly, i will get round to it, but i am in need of some information preferably ASAP :).

I am looking at a 1.7 SDI lupo with 69k, its had a service and mot, but the question i ask is can these engines be re-mapped, has anyone ever re-mapped before, what sort of power gains could i see as well as an increase on MPG hopefully as well

I am no stranger to a Volkswagen, i work for the companie as an apprentice mechanic, but sadly its not an engine i am familiar with, i believe they are non turbo?

Yep they are non-turbo. Not that tuneable either.

Dont expect too much in terms of performance, but expect the best fuel economy throughout the Lupo range. Expect 60 mpg plus.

I think there was 1 person on here who did a remap with some sort of restrictions removed and with a custom exhaust. He gained 7 bhp.

Yep they are non-turbo. Not that tuneable either.

Dont expect too much in terms of performance, but expect the best fuel economy throughout the Lupo range. Expect 60 mpg plus.

I think there was 1 person on here who did a remap with some sort of restrictions removed and with a custom exhaust. He gained 7 bhp.

That's 10% though which for a n/a engine is pretty good for little work. I think we have got used to the gains on turbo cars from 'simple' remaps and therefore thing tuning n/a engines isn't worth it. It's certainly not as economical to do, but I wouldn't write it off as a bad job.

clicky

These guys above claim to do a remap for the SDI which will add 12bhp taking the total bhp to 72bhp and 30nm torque taking the total torque to 145NM for a cost of £200.

Sounds like quite a gain for a diesel N/A engine. I'd throw caution to the wind should you consider getting a remap from these guys.