arosa/lupo tailgate swap

mk1_polo

im picking up a 16v arosa (mk2) on saturday but unfortunately it is fitted with one of those ugly high level rear spoilers that fit round the brake lght. instead of messing about with the spoiler and trying to remove it without damaging paint etc, i want to fit a lupo tailgate as it has a different shape window (better looking) and no rear spoiler.

anyone know if they are the same fitment? im assuming they are, but you cant assume anything in this game!

You no likee this spoiler?

DSCN5210.jpg

You would have to get a GTi boot for a factory fitted spoiler. One for sale by RobGTi at the mo'.

I have looked at my boots and compared. I think it would be a straight swap, but no guarantee.

You would have to smooth the VW badge though.

Ray

Sorry, just read that you don't necessarily want a spoiler.

Edited by Silver!

cheers dude,

no i do not like that spoiler! how is it attached? easy to remove? im guessing it leaves holes :(

i just want a nice plain spoiler-less tailgate. guess i would have to smooth the vw badge, although it might be fun to be a lupo from behind and an arosa from the front!

i just want a nice plain spoiler-less tailgate. guess i would have to smooth the vw badge, although it might be fun to be a lupo from behind and an arosa from the front!

or you get a mk1 arosa tailgate which nic ( lunalupi ) im sure has one for sale and then you just need to paint it and change the lock on it and job done

no i do not like that spoiler! how is it attached? easy to remove? im guessing it leaves holes :(

each and to there own :lol: its my car and its been bonded on so no holes in the bodywork

or you get a mk1 arosa tailgate which nic ( lunalupi ) im sure has one for sale and then you just need to paint it and change the lock on it and job done

I do indeed, but if the colour is right then r44my's offer is a good one :)

cheers guys, ideally i am looking for a lupo tailgate (different shape rear window - non-wrap around glass panel) without any spoiler...

but if the standard one is bonded on, hopefully i can just remove it without too much grief! cheers.