Sign in to follow this  
Smeg760

Front Subframe

Smeg760    0

I was just wondering if any one knew the distance between the two  front bolts " width " on the Lupo front subframe ? Say compared to a mk4 golf . Got a bog standard yellow 1.0L pupo and want to stick something more awkward than a polo gti engine in there.

Rich    826

what's the sub frame got to do with the engine?

you're failing before you begin here.

cj1    89

What Rich said. Plus if you rely on  the information from a forum you'll be failing when you begin too.

The car is there, measure it!

Smeg760    0

Yeah your right the no probs the ones in the scrappy don't have wheels, just was looking at some polo vr6 project on retro rides and he chopped the hell out of the subframe that's all I was curious as to wether you can graft a bit of the proper sub frame in that's all really.

Smeg760    0
Just now, Smeg760 said:

Yeah your right the no probs the ones in the scrappy don't have wheels, just was looking at some polo vr6 project on retro rides and he chopped the hell out of the subframe that's all I was curious as to wether you can graft a bit of the proper sub frame in that's all really.

Ive done a couple of engine swaps and know my stuff but other people's opinions always come in handy " really fancy doing the v5 conversion , a little different and could be perfect for the loops.

Rich    826

been done lately.

he mounted it on the chassis legs as it should be done.