Horn not working

I'm wondering if someone can help me.. my horn does not work it has a momo steering wheel and a momo horn.. there is only one wire to connect the horn button but 2 wires on the back of the button.. so I'm guessing the other will be an earth?? I can't hear the relay clicking behind the fuse box under the steering wheel can someone please help me?? Am I missing a wire or is my horn relay done?? I can't find anything anywhere Google is rubbish so I'm in need of help from the fello Lupo Dubbers cheers all

the horn is prolly earthing though a bracket, would take it off and give the point it connects to the car a good clean and the point the horn connects to the bracket just to make sure its not a earthing fault, if still no joy check to see if your getting 12v to the horn

• Like 1

The horn on this works  by earthing to the steering column... On my OMP one the wire should be connected to the terminal on the horn button that can move (one is fixed). There is no live wire needed for the button itself.

Is the relay clicking when you press the button?

Check that the button is properly fixed in, with the connections properly functioning on the back of it (IE touching the wheel/boss when pushed in). Also, did you use the silver ring that comes with it, sits inbetween the wheel and the boss?

Edited by cj1

Hello thanks for getting back with me.. No The relay is not clicking when I press the button.. I dont know how to get to it or which one it is.. there is no silver ring with my steering wheel or boss or button.. would love more help mate thank you 

6 hours ago, Kurtisvdubber said:

Hello thanks for getting back with me.. No The relay is not clicking when I press the button.. I dont know how to get to it or which one it is.. there is no silver ring with my steering wheel or boss or button.. would love more help mate thank you 

It's very unlikely that the relay is faulty or jammed tbh and it's more likely it's just the button not put in fully. Was this working before you put the steering wheel in? 

Can you post pictures of 1) How the steering wheel is attached (specifically around the centre ring where horn button goes)

And 2) The back of your horn button. 

• Like 1

Ok, so firstly, take both of them wires off the horn button. The inside the steering wheel, the red spade tag, push that onto one of the terminals on the horn and push it back in fully, and test, if the button is in properly I'd expect this to work. (You will have to try both connections on the horn if it doesn't work first time) :-),

In fact, presuming that whoever had the button wired it and used colours that meant something , put the red tag onto the one where the green/yellow one is as a first go. 

You have been a massive help mate and I appreciate it so much but unfortunately Nome of these methods have worked :( I've been looking online and there is a metal spacer/plate that you put in between the boss kit and the steering wheel do I need one of these?? I don't know if it's a live fault or an earth :( but I'm greatful mate thank you 

Ok so I'm not 100% on the ring. But what I do know is the metal U sort of shape must be touching something that is conductive on the column, ie the wheel or the ring.

with the steering wheel boss connected and ignition on, touch the wire that comes off the boss to the top of your steering column ( the multi splined part where the boss attached), does the horn work then? 

Example of how it connects from mine:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I've touched the wire that come up for the horn and touched it with my steering column and the horn does not work.. I've taken the horn off and wired it up to the battery and it works fine but when I connet the horn back up there is nothing going on.. I still Cant hear the relay clicking behind the fuse Box when I touch the wire to the steering column or when it's connected to the battery 

1 minute ago, Kurtisvdubber said:

I've touched the wire that come up for the horn and touched it with my steering column and the horn does not work.. I've taken the horn off and wired it up to the battery and it works fine but when I connet the horn back up there is nothing going on.. I still Cant hear the relay clicking behind the fuse Box when I touch the wire to the steering column or when it's connected to the battery 

Maybe something simple that we've overlooked, is the fuse in one piece haha? Check that! 

ha! There we go, it's fuse 19, almost certain! (Second row, second one in), on yours the contacts are there but no fuse! Not sure off the top of my head what amp it is, but stick one of the others in there for now and test it, maybe a 10A one! 

Why that's missing I guess is a mystery? Also, are you dewipered? I notice fuse 6 is missing which is for that. 

Yeah just noticed the rear wiper fuse was missing as well, but if it's not there then happy days!

haha no worries! Had to be something simple didn't it! :D 

• Like 1