Lupo Ecoboost

Patronu

I'm with Dblock here

I must be gay.

Yes Rich but your pulling a Mike brewer wheeler dealer move on me here. Your not counting labour. Sure YOU could do it yourself but how many YOLO's say I'm getting a garage to do a 1.8t conversions do we get a month? How many follow through. Pretty much 0. There are a few but they aren't YOLO's. They would have to pay for it to be done therefore making the cost considerably higher.

Also then you will have to upgrade, suspension, brakes etc etc.

The crossbreed aspect doesn't bother me as the Lupo is a great super mini. It's just IMO not a good fast car. So many things I'd rather have that would be slower but IMO more engaging and fun. I can remember my friends Galanza. I had an Arosa sport at the time. The Galanza was a rocketship compared to my car and well other cars too as it was modded. But it was still a pig of a fwd car.

The brakes are 256 atm, to upgrade to 280s is cheap and easily done yourself.

Drums are absolutely fine and give you awesome handy bs which means more handy js.

The suspension is fine, it is lowered and the vauxhall thing isn't any heavier than a Lupo engine really.

As for the labour aspect, this is the whole point you don't seem to understand.

Putting a 1.8T into a Lupo is a very expensive thing to do, custom mounts, chopping bits out the leg, driveshafts, downpipe, all the wiring and ecu crap, converting to hydro and cable shift etc. . . . . (well expensive, which is why not many do it)

Putting a c20let into this thing doesn't involve any of that crap, no chopping, no mounts, no driveshafts, no hydro/cable crap, (labour wise it is so minimal that most people who have the balls can do it, it is simple)

As for a fast road car, we're not debating that anymore.

Edited by Rich

If I was you Rich I would offer a drive in and out C20LET conversion for £2-3-4k. Boom your loaded. I was going to say rich but you already are(bad pun).

Regarding the brakes etc it was just to bring everything on par with the engine. Only strong as the weakest link etc etc.

I salute you for doing this and if you love it more power but I was just saying my opinion. Unless you mount the engine behind the driver seat and make it rwd. That would be cool.

I never really got the 1.8t conversion thing. It as you pretty much said doesn't work without so much work. To get silly power the engine needs a lot of upgrades and tbh the 1.8t has the most boring engine noise in the world. Maybe just because it was a vw engine. Again I still think it's cool someone did it though just not something id have.

I think a 1.8T drives like a diesel.

I wouldn't offer the conversion, even though I could profit, life is far too short to build something I simply don't want to spend the time on.

I'm not that arsed about fast Lupos, I drive a standard TDI daily; & power related, the 6n2 is a better chassis than the lupo.