No working electric windows

hello all,

just purchased a 1.4 tdi arosa. i purchased it without working electric windows :(, i was told it could be the central conveinience unit, as the central locking doesnt work off the key either?

is there anything i should be looking for?

checked the fuses and all seem fine.

thankyou in advance

Anthony

Could be the CCM yep. Bit of a bugger to change, but isn't impossible. Does the central locking work at all?

hello skezza, thankyou for the reply! the central locking works in the door lock, and the drivers window will open if you hold the key in the unlocked position in the door.

hello skezza, thankyou for the reply! the central locking works in the door lock, and the drivers window will open if you hold the key in the unlocked position in the door.

Not convinced it's the CCM then. I'd be looking at all the switches. Is it meant to be remote? There's not many remote Lupo's about as OEM.

i havnt checked the switches, i assume if one fails they all stop working? its not remote as such, just works through the door lock only. also the central locking doesnt work through the switches on the drivers door either... hmmm

i havnt checked the switches, i assume if one fails they all stop working? its not remote as such, just works through the door lock only. also the central locking doesnt work through the switches on the drivers door either... hmmm

Not necessarily.

So in what instance does the central locking work?

Try do it as a truth table.

The central locking only works through the drivers door lock, not the key fob and only occasionnally through the door lock buttons on the drivers door panel.

The windows, do not work from the switches, you can hear a relay click/clonk behind the fusebox when you use the drivers window switch, the passengers window switch( both the one on the drivers side and on the passengers side) do not make the relay click/clonk, the drivers window will open and close if you hold the key in the unlock/locked position in the drivers door key barrel.

hope this clears things up, im a bit stumped to be honest.

thankyou

Anthony