Coilovers - things to check!?

Ralfy1211

Lowered the lupo today. Lots of faffing around trying to get ride heights correct. Finally got it correct. How low can I go before I start fowling on things? The cars a daily and I do about 200miles a week. It's bouncy but I guess that's because of the coilovers? I can't go breaking things as it's gonna get expensive! Can anybody help?

Interesting post, and timely I am due to fit some Gaz coilovers this week. They are fully adjustable so hopefully I can find the optimum settings quickly. How much did you lower your GTi by and what size wheels do you have? I would be very interested in knowing this so I have a baseline to work from. Currently I have the standard GTi wheels with Toyo 195/45 R15.

My Lupo is a daily and I'm sure Karl will agree, the roads in Sheffield are terrible so my info coud be quite useful to you!

I've got FK coils and lowered mine around 75mm on the front and all the way down on the rear (with the adjusters in) running 195/45/15 wheels. I don't have many issues running this, BUT I do need to take care with the roads where I live. I also get a bit of rubbing on the rear tyres when the cars bounching around a bit and take a lot of care with speed bumps, as the exhaust sometimes rubs depending on the bump.

Hope that helps! :)