Window motor help!!?

I have a 1.4i sport lupo 16v, currently both my windows arn't working. I've tried changing the fuses so I know it's not that. Whenever I try put them down or up they make a small single click noise as if there trying to move but they can't! Is there an easy way to fix this or will I need new window motors?

If they're making a clicking noise when you're trying to operate them, it's at least not the switches or motor, though it probably is the window regulators -which are probably jammed more than anything.

It's happened a few times now on occasion to me in the six years i've had my Lupo, and more often than not can be sorted by taking the door cards etc off, loosening the four bolts that keep the regulators in place, and then moving the regulators slightly out of place -careful not to snap the regulator clips that attach it to the window (though they are cheap to replace) -and spray some liquid silicone/grease the wires in the regulator. Just fasten the top two regulator bolts back on, and plug the switch back in and test the window before you replace all the door card stuff on.

I've bought spare window motors/switches and a regulator in the past and each time the window regulator for lack of a better reason has just become jammed. But just doing the above seems to fix it.

Edited by Hazy

If they're making a clicking noise when you're trying to operate them, it's at least not the switches or motor, though it probably is the window regulators -which are probably jammed more than anything.

It's happened a few times now on occasion to me in the six years i've had my Lupo, and more often than not can be sorted by taking the door cards etc off, loosening the four bolts that keep the regulators in place, and then moving the regulators slightly out of place -careful not to snap the regulator clips that attach it to the window (though they are cheap to replace) -and spray some liquid silicone/grease the wires in the regulator. Just fasten the top two regulator bolts back on, and plug the switch back in and test the window before you replace all the door card stuff on.

I've bought spare window motors/switches and a regulator in the past and each time the window regulator for lack of a better reason has just become jammed. But just doing the above seems to fix it.

Thanks a lot I'll give this a try and let you know if it works mate