Key coding/imobiliser coding SKC needed?

I'm looking to do a flip key conversion on my next car, wanting to do it properly so to keep the 2 other keys and have a new one cut and coded. I've been doing my research to see that I may need an SKC? Is there a way to retrieve it or is not needed at all to code a completely fresh key to work Windows and immobilizer.

I have vcds that is all, so nothing to get my skc

You'll most likely need to take it to an auto locksmith - probably the cheapest option as the software/hardware will be rather expensive, just get the transponder coded at the same time you get the key cut.

Since you have VCDS you can code your RCL in. Im currently doing this also and i've coded the RCL in but i haven't been bothered to get the key cut or coded :roflmao:

Well I've read that I can code everything on vcds all I need is my skc do you think an auto electrician could get me my skc and me code it as I can do it

Well I've read that I can code everything on vcds all I need is my skc do you think an auto electrician could get me my skc and me code it as I can do it

I think the problem is getting your SKC. I've not heard of anyone doing it on here and if you get a VAG-TACHO, they're designed to specifically code keys but they;re not 100% with Lupo's. They can change the odometer but I've not heard of anyone doing a chip. The guys at VAG-COM have previously stated they will not put SKC retrieval in their software because it basically gives a thief the ultimate skeleton key for every modern Volkswagen on the road really

I think the problem is getting your SKC. I've not heard of anyone doing it on here and if you get a VAG-TACHO, they're designed to specifically code keys but they;re not 100% with Lupo's. They can change the odometer but I've not heard of anyone doing a chip. The guys at VAG-COM have previously stated they will not put SKC retrieval in their software because it basically gives a thief the ultimate skeleton key for every modern Volkswagen on the road really

yer this is where im struggling to get my skc ... VW will no longer give it out but i refuse to pay their prices when i have all the stuff needed to do it apart from a 4 digit ****ing code!! ive been told sometimes they gave the code out with the car when new but where would i find it?