Pause in revs when hot

Dantownhill

Basically, when the temperature hits 90 degrees on the temp gauge ( happens when I'm in traffic or if I have a full car ) as I accelerate the revs basically stop and freeze at whatever rpm the engine is at, then after a second or so the revs then build as normal, anyone have any idea what this might be?

If the revs just stop increasing rather than dying, it could be when the car is up to temp something is expanding either causing the accelerator pedal to stick briefly, or there is a problem with the cable catching on something. Is the pedal action smooth?

If the revs just stop increasing rather than dying, it could be when the car is up to temp something is expanding either causing the accelerator pedal to stick briefly, or there is a problem with the cable catching on something. Is the pedal action smooth?

I've never really noticed it feeling any different but I'll take her out today and see if I can notice a difference

The temp gauge should stay dead on 90, does your fluctuate? If it does change the temp sensor

It never goes above 90 and if I drive say a mile or so without stopping and starting the temperature comes down and the throttle is as normal

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the pedal seems fine, no different really from when the cars cold so I have no idea what's causing it :/

Have you scanned the car? Could be MAP sensor or even sparks

Scanned the car about 3 month since, came up with a knock sensor fault, replaced it, re scanned with no faults but the car/temp problem hadn't changed, gunna try and get it scanned again soon I think, other than that I don't know what to do