Arosa Owner

JD66

Hi,

I've been on this site a few years but haven't really posted much yet and have only just had a proper look around. I have a silver 52 plate Arosa 1.0s. I originally got the car in 2008 but after failing my driving test it was passed on to my mother before I got it back when I finally passed my test in 2012. The car is mechanically in A1 condition and has a full service history and has served me well, however there are a few cosmetic issues that I am hoping to address this year when money allows which is partly the reason I have looked around the forum again. My plans for it this year are as follows:

Fit a new gear knob as the original one looks tired

Sort out my brakes as they're currently a bit spongy. (These will be sorted at the end of the month when I get paid, although I think the brake fluid may just need changing as it hasn't been done for a while and doesn't look particularly fresh)

Fix my temperamental electric windows (they're working fine at the minute from all 3 switches but every so often decide they don't want to work from any one or all 3 of the switches)

Treat some rust that has started to bubble up on the driver's sill and driver's wheelarch and possibly clear the drainage channels as I think rain water collecting on the sill may be the reason for it starting to bubble up. (its not too bad but I want to sort it before it becomes a real issue)

Touch a few scratches and scuffs up

Refurbish my slightly kerbed alloy wheels

Brighten up the interior a bit as its a bit grey

and give it a good clean and valet.

I'm also thinking about adding pop out rear windows from a Lupo but this is at the bottom of the list of priorities and depends on finances.

Hopefully once all these issues have been addressed I'll have a really nice example and the aim is to ensure it'll stay on the roads for a good few years yet. I really rate Arosas and Lupos as over the past 6 years ours has rarely put a foot wrong and is generally a much better car than my mum's newer Toyota Aygo and this is part of the reason I want to get mine back to its best. I might add some pictures later when I get chance.

Edited by JD66

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They are, got the brakes sorted now and had to get a new wheel bearing as that went a couple of weeks ago, the electric windows have worked fine the past few weeks as well so I think I'll leave them until they start messing about again. I think most of the other cosmetic stuff will have to wait until later in the year when I have a bit more cash. Apologies for the late reply I forgot my password and was having difficulty recovering it but its sorted now.

Apologies for the messy interior, I should have given it a bit of a clean first. I've tried to include a picture of the rust on the sill and wheel-arch that I'm hoping to get sorted. If you're wondering why the number plate looks slightly too high on the rear, I had to get a replacement bumper following my housemate coming down the drive too quickly about 18 months ago as shown in one of the other pictures and when we replaced it we put the number plate back on slightly too high accidentally.

I still can't manage to workout how to upload the pics directly to the forum, so the link will have to do for the time being.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/jd661/embed/slideshow/Arosa"></iframe>

Edited by JD66

• 5 months later...

I've sold the Arosa now unfortunately was absolutely gutted getting rid of it but I do mostly motorway miles now so it wasn't really suitable anymore. I got offered a newer Bora TDI from a mate for less than I sold the Arosa for and I'm quite happy with that so its not all bad. I also sold the Arosa to someone I knew and they've done all the jobs that I intended to do. The bloke I sold it to said that It turned out the sill rot was due to the fact that it had had a new sill fitted before I bought it which sounds a bit suspect but it looks immaculate now he's welded a new sill into it and done all the other jobs.