Wanted, Lupo 3L 1.2 tdi Suspension

m6erl

Forgive me for being a complete retard here, and I probably am. Aren't they just the same as a 1.4 TDI?

P.S. Get some photos of your 3L up :) Don't see enough in this country. Only seen two in my entire life.

No, the dampers are aluminium to save weight, and the springs are lower.

TBH although all Lupo suspension is different between the models, it is interchangeable. It just means you won't have the proper spring and damping rates.

Thats exactly what i am after, Lower. I have coilovers fitted at the moment but i find the ride to harsh, I also tried a set of lowering springs but they were crap, car bounced all over the place. I know that the 3L sits lower than a standard 1.4 TDI but not sure how much lower. im just looking for a bit lower while keeping my fillings intact.

I wouldn't use 3L springs as they aren't designed for the weight of a 'normal' Lupo 1.4 TDi.

Get some Eibach lowering springs, they are the most comfortable lowering springs you can get. I ran them for years with no problems.

Also my lupo is absolutey and compleley stripped to the bone, zero interior and i mean zero, i have a gear lever,steering wheel,speedo , bucket seat and rev counter. last time i weighed it using corner scales it came to 895kg i have also taken quite a few more kgs from it since. so 1.2 tdi shocks wont be a problem.

Also my lupo is absolutey and compleley stripped to the bone, zero interior and i mean zero, i have a gear lever,steering wheel,speedo , bucket seat and rev counter. last time i weighed it using corner scales it came to 895kg i have also taken quite a few more kgs from it since. so 1.2 tdi shocks wont be a problem.

Wow, you must be getting impressive MPG?

Oh well in that case get some 3L suspension then!

When you wind a coilover shock up ie to increase ride height you also make the spring stiffer by compressing it. Sucks

Hmm, I don't think it works like that. Adjusting the spring height just adjusts the height of the car - I know what you are saying about compressing the spring, but as soon as you put the weight of the car back on it after you've made the adjustment the spring will compress back to it's naturural state anyway.

Also, I think only progressively would springs get stiffer when they are compressed, and I've yet to see a Lupo coilover with progressively would springs.

HHHMMM , all interesting stuff.

As we all know the TDI is a pretty nippy car, in its stripped out form i am getting 475 miles out of one tank of diesel which is roughly 81mpg, I really want to hit the 500 mile mark, i run it as low as i dare, ie when i can hear the pump buzzing i usually head for the fuel station :thumbsup: in the 3years i have had the car i have only ran out once. But my god it really does go well now, my biggest gain mpg wise was ditching the PAS in favor for an old polo rack, that made a huge difference along with a set of very light weight RAYS wheels.

thanks for some suspension info guys :thumbsup:

HHHMMM , all interesting stuff.

As we all know the TDI is a pretty nippy car, in its stripped out form i am getting 475 miles out of one tank of diesel which is roughly 81mpg, I really want to hit the 500 mile mark, i run it as low as i dare, ie when i can hear the pump buzzing i usually head for the fuel station :thumbsup: in the 3years i have had the car i have only ran out once. But my god it really does go well now, my biggest gain mpg wise was ditching the PAS in favor for an old polo rack, that made a huge difference along with a set of very light weight RAYS wheels.

thanks for some suspension info guys :thumbsup:

Have you Diesel Purged it? I found that made a significant difference to my MPG.

As much as diesel additives work, I don't think there's much that beat a proper diesel purge. One that bypasses the fuel tank I mean.

Diesel purge only cleans, not lubes, protects and changes the way diesel burns.

Bit cleaning the injectors I agree. You done that water thing yet?

Edited by Dblock
  • Like 1