Camber shims

JamieONeillbmx

cant go wrong really however you dont get much camber off the shims, if it was me just use washers, but make sure they are all the same washers.

how it works,

well wheel off drum off

then take your drum shoes off

there will be four bolts attaching to the rear beam take them out along with everything else to its back to the beam

and basically put more washers on the bottom than the top dependent on how much camber you want, don't put too many because your bolts wont reach the thread

but it all back together nice and tight, test your breaks work

then go rip up some rubber

thats a good question, i suppose if you have a friendly moter

ive got a friend who does mine so never really had a problem

i suppose it wouldnt take much to take the camber off for the mot though

once youve done it once it would only be a half hour to an hour job

yeah coilovers usesually put slight camber on the font because of the set up and when it is lowered the pivot point causes it to camber

the reason the back doesnt do it is because its on a beam and the spring rests on the beam so when that loweres the pivot point just causes the wheels to just sit further up in the wheel arch

im going to be putting rear camber on mine within the next couple of weeks for Ultimate dubs so ill let you know how it goes and try and do a how to guid because there isnt one yet

• 2 weeks later...

putting washers on the bottom won't damage anything when tightening back up will it? because i can imagine because of the uneven surface that you get using washers would maybe bend the metal when tightening the bolts up, hence why camber shims were made because it's a gradual slope instead of washers