Jacking a Lupo up on a trolley jack

I was thinking of buying a low profile alloy jack to take on my Euro roadtrip, but the weight saving 1.5kg is hardly worth it.

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/tjl2-2-tonne-low-profile-trolley-jack?___store=sgs_en&___store=sgs_en&gclid=CO7Kor6WurwCFYrjwgodZ3gAXw

or

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/tja125-aluminium-trolley-jack?___store=sgs_en&___store=sgs_en&gclid=CJy9iY2l3bwCFSQXwwodxRIACg

Also the steel on is rated to 2 ton as opposed to 1.25 ton. Opinions?

Personally i'd go for the steal one, it's only 4mm difference height after all. I'd guess it would be more robust and last longer....but never having seen one of the ally race jacks I'm just guessing on the front.

The reviews are saying how light the race jack is, but I can't see 1.5kg making it that much difference, so maybe their figures are wrong.

Alloy one is on special at the mo', so I'll check the bank balance next Thursday.

...and 4mm? Don't knock it!!

R

The reviews are saying how light the race jack is, but I can't see 1.5kg making it that much difference, so maybe their figures are wrong.

Alloy one is on special at the mo', so I'll check the bank balance next Thursday.

...and 4mm? Don't knock it!!

R

Not from this company but I've heard the Arcan alloy jacks can fail but the normal steel ones last years.