Insurance for moded vw lupo

Jacquenc15

Hi there I've literally just joined. I'm looking to get a vw lupo 1.0 around 2001 for my first car in the next couple of months. I turn 17 in May but want to get my car a little earlier so I can add a few mods to it. I've been on the obvious insurance places such as go compare, moneysupermarket etc. Ive been told to wait a year before doing anything to my car because otherwise the insurance will go through the roof ! I've looked and done a few quotes and realised they're right :(

I want to mod it by doing things such as lower it, spoiler, alloys etc.

help please!!! :) any insurance company's, advice I'd be very grateful!

• 2 weeks later...

anything like lowering it and your insurance company will go apeshit, so forget about that unless you've got loads of money to give away. if you wish to be fully insured do remember to tell your robbing b^^tard insurance company about it, but please remember to do it before you actually do the mods, otherwise it could cost you (a lot) geoff

Ring Greenlight Insurance, they are excellent for modified cars. Have covered my 330hp ST for less than £400 for the last two years. When I swapped to my modded golf gti it went down another £90!