16 inch alloys on standard Gti ( tyre sizes,widths & offsets can you get away with on standard suspension without rubbing?)

flex

Help! 15 or 16 inch alloys? I'm looking to keep the standard suspension ATM but run 16 inch alloys,need some advice on the Problems with 16 inch? tyre size? Rubbing? Arch rolling?

I've looked through the other posts, checked out pics, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

we run 16 s on ours without any problems no idea about the rest of the dimensions though, could have a look when it gets light if you're really interested. geoff

Youll need arch work with those specs i run 8 x 16 et 35 as dailies, with arch work, tyres wise youll need to run 195/40/16's

Edited by dubsy

Thanks for the advice all, I do intend to lower it at some point on coil overs so I can set it down to a nice height, we have loads speed bumps where I live so can't go for 15s thats why I'm thinking 16s to keep tham nicely tucked in the arches!

yes hugh, you're right about the height issue. I've tried twice to buy a set of lowering springs off some goons on here (you know who you are ) I think we're going to have to save up for a new set. geoff