What do i do?

hammy

I'm 18 and currently drive a Renault twingo GT, but i've always been tempted by the fruits of a lupo!

Basically, i'm after a 1.4 sport, as the twingo has 100hp, and I feel like if I go back to the 1.0 I will regret it and miss the power.

The problem is that in aberdeen and a good area around, lupo (or arosa) sports rarely come up, unless at a stupid price. However 1.0s are in abundance and are very cheap. I cant afford to insure a GTI so thats out of the question. My commute to work is also only around 1.5 miles so no point in a diesel haha.

Do I wait to see if a sport turns up near me? or do I go for a 1.0? Stuck between a rock and a hard place here!

Cheers.

Oh and also, Hello :)

I turned 18 just over a month ago now and insured myself on my gti for less than I was paying for my 1.0! Check with admiral, they give good quotes, it's worth it for the gti!

I would need to swap my insurance over, so will give them a phone tomorrow to see what the deal is! I would much prefer a gti haha, although I am currently paying about £700 which seems to be a lot cheaper than all my mates anyway :blush:

If you want to slum it, there were a couple of 1.4 Arosa Mk2's at a bomb site but large car dealer in Fraserburgh a few weeks ago. I was looking for a run-a-round up here rather than move my Arosa 435 miles North and saw them. Both were a little rough but I'm sure cash would lower the price - both about £1500. Will go and find the name of the place tomorrow. In the end I picked up an Audi A6 Quattro 2.8!

If you want to slum it, there were a couple of 1.4 Arosa Mk2's at a bomb site but large car dealer in Fraserburgh a few weeks ago. I was looking for a run-a-round up here rather than move my Arosa 435 miles North and saw them. Both were a little rough but I'm sure cash would lower the price - both about £1500. Will go and find the name of the place tomorrow. In the end I picked up an Audi A6 Quattro 2.8!

Cheers that'd be great! I'll give them a phone if you manage to find the name and see what the deal is. It's a pain in the rear wanting a sport up here but it will be worth the hassle.

Not in Fraserburgh to-night, will go tomorrow night and get details. Nothing on Google Search and on Maps it's a builders yard - so they may be a here to-day and gone tomorrow company - so buyer beware!

I would need to swap my insurance over, so will give them a phone tomorrow to see what the deal is! I would much prefer a gti haha, although I am currently paying about £700 which seems to be a lot cheaper than all my mates anyway :blush:

At 18 that is extremely cheap!

As someone who owns a Sport, your Twingo is faster, handles considerably better, is more economical, far more reliable and probably generally better overall

Try Castle St Cars on 01346b51911 or www.castlestreetcars.co.uk. Good luck