Interior light

So my interior light isint working anymore, so I bought a new bulb, and was thinking to add some led stripes, but I wanna make them to work as the interror light, I mean when I turn on the light or open door, the led stripes would go on also.

The question is where those cabels go, and where should I connect the stripes(Would be enough just to connect to a cable or there is a special part for it. If i need to do the wiring in the roof, how is the best way to do it?).

Is it easy to change the bulb, how do i remove the plastic covering? I don't wanna brake something :D

The easiest thing would be to wire them into the interior light I guess, but I don't know much more about doing that...

Really easy to change the bulb, just use a flathead screwdriver to pry open the plastic housing. ;)

I changed bulb very easily. and for the led strips im thinking to look at doors. there should be somewhere a button cause when you close a door the button is being pushed and the lights go off. so i assume there should be some wires also there where i can connect it.

Interior light is controlled by the comfort control module. The door lock module (microswitches) are connected to there.

If you want to ad some led stripes (I recommend not to, because I prefer OEM), you could steal power from positive wire going to interior light behind roof lining. Depends on where you are locating your leds stripes.

Thomas,

Im going to try and put lights over my pedals ,with blue lights same as my dash. ill post pics if I achieve it :L hopefully it will ! my plan is to go off the power from the cigarette lighter the +ve and - ve or put on a cigarette lighter plug to it but the down side to that is you can see it.

let me know if you do it before me :D

Thomas,

Im going to try and put lights over my pedals ,with blue lights same as my dash. ill post pics if I achieve it :L hopefully it will ! my plan is to go off the power from the cigarette lighter the +ve and - ve or put on a cigarette lighter plug to it but the down side to that is you can see it.

let me know if you do it before me :D

Good luck to you ;) Im atm not at my house for few weeks. So with your method the lights stays always on? if i cant make that they go on when the doors are open, im not gonna do it. I sat in one car with those strips always on, it is really distracting me.