vw lupo starting problem

Jack loving

My vw lupo 1.4 s will not start I will turn the key in the ignition and the engine will turn over but will not start up some times it does start but only for 2 seconds and then dies please help this problem came suddenly was working one time and then I didn't drive it for about a month because it was out of battery. Then I went to jump start the car and now this has happened please help

Thanks Jack

Immo fault , the key needs to be recoded to the car, Your local auto locksmith can do it, costs about £70 , the main dealer will pull your pants down

by chance have you dropped your key ? , the RFID chip inside the key fob can sometimes fall out after a hard impact,

You may have also upset the ecu after jump starting , very easy to f*ck things up by jump starting modern cars,

Edited by Bigplum
  • Like 1

if your stereo system is taking such a heavy load I'd suggest a bigger battery. we're using one from a tdi golf at the moment (you need to cut the battery tray slightly). the lupo has an amped stereo with quite a heavy draw and we've had no problems. you could also look into a larger alternator too. that doesn't sort your not starting probs though. leave your battery disconnected overnight and charge it. the next day reconnect everything and there's a good chance that with a fresh battery and the time its been disconnected that it will have sorted itself out. sometimes that's all it takes to sort out "confusion" problems like you have. or if not its vagcom time, which if you go to vw is expensive. try to find someone local to you who has vagcom, it will be cheaper! geoff

• Like 1