Water Leak - Boot Seal And OSR 1/4 Window

VeeDub Paul

Afternoon all,

As I'm sure you may have noticed we had an AWFUL amount of rain recently! This has meant the Loop has sprung 2 leaks. First of all, the OSR pop out window seems to be leaking despite realigning it several times, it's still pooling in the bottom corner closest to the drivers seat. It then runs over and either fills up the cubby or just dribbles down the hole where the drivers seat belt goes into.

Firstly, has anyone else had this problem before? The original seal is a one piece loop but I've just ordered a new one from TPS and it's arrived as a length of seal and isn't joined. Where should I position the join where it isn't going to let water in? Seems a stupid design to have a break in a seal!

And the other leak I have is in the boot. Now before anyone says rear washer pipe, it is NEVER used. I never hit the stalk that way and I dont have a rear wiper anyway. The only way I can describe it is that water is somehow getting on the inside of the boot seal, pooling at the bottom then running over the metal under the plastic boot trim and into the spare wheel well.

This may be as simple as a new boot seal but just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this form of leak into the boot.

Alot to read so apologies for that but thanks for any info in advance!

Maybe the seal round the rear lights is failing, also check for leaves and rubbish round the top lip of the body, mine seems to attract lots of crud up there , the seal where the wiper was is also not the best.

Sit in the boot whist someone gently sprays a hose pipe . As for the new seal fit it half way along the bottom at the straightest point, but before you do that , try some glycerin ( from the chemist ) works wonders on stiff rubber , caravan shops also sell something similar for leaky caravan windows , comes in a roll on type bottle and costs three times as much

Edited by Bigplum

captain tolley's creeping crack cure! I **** you not it's really called that and I used to get it from the eastwood company. it is good and I don't think it's that expensive. geoff