Electrical Failure.....Lights.

P4ulo

Right.

I'm nearly at the end of my tether with the Lupo, and now he's done this to me!

Went out to start him and the headlights were stuck on full beam.

Prised off the steering column trims, and a small black plastic cover popped off of the left side of the actual steering column. This has revealed 2 contacts that appear to control the dipped / main beam. I cannot work out how to put this back together, a little silver thing fell out too and a little white pointy thing came out too. I gather this is part of the indicator / headlight stalk switch set?

How do I replace this, is it a little part or do I need the whole central column switch-gear?

sorry to be so vague but when I look at pictures of the stalk switches I can't see this bit that has come apart?!

by the sound of what you described you're going to need a new switch as yours appears to have self destructed! available from either a scrapyard near you or vw. you might get lucky and get one off ebay. geoff

• Like 1

Off to the scrapyard , they are the same on 6n polos , doubt its worth trying to fix the switch back together , I think the steering wheel has to come off though.

The covers unscrew by the way , two screws in the recesses and one big one visible from underneath ,

The left and right stalks are separate parts too

Edited by Bigplum
  • Like 1