Lupo problems...

iSutehall

Threeo things... One my lupo's centre exhaust is hanging low any ideas how to secure it so it doesn't bounce around whilst driving and secondly... My passenger windows has stopped working, can still hear the motor trying but the window doesn't budge! And lastly my windscreen seems to be leaking from both top corners?! Never has before only started tonight?! Help is needed!

Have you tried a new motor for the window? Lots and lots of arosas/lupos have this problem unfortunately. Mine has very tempermental windows, the passenger only works some days, my drivers window is really tempermental and goes up half way before going back down again. Takes a few goes. You'll hear all kinds of window stories from fellow lupo/arosa drivers haha. They are strange electrical faults. I haven't really looked into the solution because I can cope with mine but i'm guessing new window motors.

The windscreen you probably just need new seals. Are you sure it's the windscreen because sometimes it can leak through the door seals? The passenger footwell in my old car used to soak (there was even some sort of grass growing in there under the carpet LOL) After spending ages looking underneath and getting a fair few mechanics to check over to find nothing and be a bit clueless about it, turned out it was the door seal that just needed replacing.

Not sure with the exhaust, is it just the backbox hanging? You could try and cable tie it for the time being if you're worried until you get a more permanent solution. I'm not sure but it's probably just the bracket that holds the backbox on is a bit dodgey? I'm sure someone here will have a more educated guess than me.

I doubt any of these will be overly expensive to get done at a garage, they're only little niggles.

Edited by Elz8462

So a new Motor would be the best solution? But funnily enough what you say About your drivers window mine does the same! Half way up then all the way back down!

I'm sure it's not the door seal check that all around I'm Sure it's the windscreen as closer inspection this morning there were two wet patches on the head lining in both top corners so it will need to be real sealed then

then.

And I've not really looked at my exhaust that much as it scares me that it will fall off but bidding on a new one on ebay that would look quite nicely on my lupo!

I honestly don't know about the window but that's what other people have told me to try. I've just left it though because it doesn't really bother me all that much, as long as they do up and stay up they can dance around all they like in the meantime :lol:

I would definitely reseal the window and see if that helps, you don't want any rust to start up! Good luck with your exhaust!

Edited by Elz8462

Well the drivers window works so I'm happy with that and the dancing is always humourous!

Looking for sealant for the window might just pop online and order some but it only happens if the car is stood still in the rain for a while! But it might also be from the sunroof I'm not one hundred percent sure...

And I won the exhaust just waiting for it to arrive and will upload a few pictures of the job inhand!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah! It turns out it is the sunroof! Something is blocking the drains but don't know how to get to them?

There's two grommets in the A pillar, above the door hinges, about dash level. They will be blocked. They have a plastic cap in them, which pulls off (one of mine was missing), then you can see the slot that is meant to let water out. I removed them to wash them out (having tried probing them to clear them), but I have to work out how to put them back (and free up the sunroof which is sticking a bit). I'm waiting for an ELSAWin manual, then I'll do both, I suspect the headlining has to be dropped to get at both the sunroof machanism and the top end of the drain tubes :-( , which I think i need to do, as the tubes are too short to pull out of the hole to refit the grommet.

If you're lucky, you may be able to probe the grommets with wire, but be careful; it is easy to push them inside the pillar, and they're awkward to get back out.

When I pulled the grommets off, the water gurgled away. A lot of mud came out of the grommets, they have a bend at the bottom where it sits.

If I get round to doing this, I'll post it online. For now, it's just draining into the A pillar- let's hope there's a drain at the bottom.....