Airbag Clock Spring Confusion

Faraz

Hi,

The airbag light on my GTi recently illuminated so I removed the steering wheel at the weekend to get a look at the clock spring.

I've taken a part number off it - 1H0-959-653-E

However I'm struggling to find that specific part. I've managed to find 1H0-959-653 and 1H0-959-653-B.

Does anyone know what the E/B stands for, or if I can use the other part numbers?

Thanks

that usually refers to revisions of the part or it makes the part more specific, ie a particular model on a particular year. it may be that your part has been revised. unfortunately the only people who can answer your questions are vw themselves or tps (trade parts supplies) who are a subsiduary of vw. geoff

Well its interesting you say that as I read the code when the fault first appeared, which led me to the igniter on the drivers side so I thought the clock spring was the likely culprit.

When I took the wheel off the clock spring broke in half and I noticed the ribbon was twisted inside. I re-organised the ribbon, put it back together and fitted it, expecting that I would come back to it once I'd sourced a replacement.

Since then, the fault code hasn't returned so maybe it was just a loose connection somewhere?