lupo 6x?

DanGTI

which one is the 6x and whats the code or whatever it is for the GTI?

anyone know if lupo shocks might be the same as polo ones?

.....forgot to add its cos theres some 'special' springs intended for a polo 1.4 16v and want to know if i can get away with them on my GTI shocks?

Edited by DanGTI

6X are the normal Lupos, that's from the 1.0 up to the 1.7 diesel excluding 3L and GTi

I think the GTi is 6ES but not sure at the mo, sorry

don't think the polo shocks are the same so they wouldn't work, what works are lupo springs, no matter what model .

Edited by Blue Loop

6X are the normal Lupos, that's from the 1.0 up to the 1.7 diesel excluding 3L and GTi

I think the GTi is 6ES but not sure at the mo, sorry

don't think the polo shocks are the same so they wouldn't work, what works are lupo springs, no matter what model .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

u dont say

what works are lupo springs, no matter what model .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that may have been what dan was talking about?

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

i didnt think it was really that confusing......

i was responding to whassisnames sarcastic / stupid 'lupo springs will work' answer...

all im tryin to find out is if the shocks the same on lupos and earlier polos cos they look it and if they are im gonna try a spring & shock combination.

He wasnt being funny is what i was saying.

The cars have difference shocks, so they need different springs.... simple!

Plus, hows your spanish dan?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if everything was that simple wed never bother modifying cars......u might say no u cant fit different size wheels, just 'lupo wheels' if u think along those lines.....nothing wrong with using bits of other cars....just wanted to see if anyone had tried this.

my spanish is fine, i just shout what im saying a bit louder and wave my arms about.

I wasn't being funny, just trying to be helpful. Although i can be as funny and sarcastic as you want from now on.

Back to topic, you have a Lupo, so buy stuff for the car you have, why would they bother doing different stuff for cars that have the same suspension?

KW, FK, H&R, Koni, etc.. only do one kit for Lupos even though the factory fitted dampers are different. Basically, Diesel and GTi cars have different dampers to the rest of the models (they aren't the same, in case you wanted to try a diesel car suspension)clap.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":clap:" border="0" alt="clap.gif" />

oh and by the way

u might say no u cant fit different size wheels, just 'lupo wheels' if u think along those lines.....

you cannot fit different size wheels, you also need to change the tyre size to make them 'lupo size' (more or less, again, just in case) well actually you can but it would look and drive stupid. Maybe you could try this out for us huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Edited by Blue Loop

I wasn't being funny, just trying to be helpful. Although i can be as funny and sarcastic as you want from now on.

Back to topic, you have a Lupo, so buy stuff for the car you have, why would they bother doing different stuff for cars that have the same suspension?

KW, FK, H&R, Koni, etc.. only do one kit for Lupos even though the factory fitted dampers are different. Basically, Diesel and GTi cars have different dampers to the rest of the models (they aren't the same, in case you wanted to try a diesel car suspension)clap.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":clap:" border="0" alt="clap.gif" />

oh and by the way

u might say no u cant fit different size wheels, just 'lupo wheels' if u think along those lines.....

you cannot fit different size wheels, you also need to change the tyre size to make them 'lupo size' (more or less, again, just in case) well actually you can but it would look and drive stupid. Maybe you could try this out for us huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

doesnt matter my point is obviously not getting through...best just leave this one be, what im saying doesnt come across right trying to explain on a forum.