Help oil red oil light

cultiv8ed chris

Hi all I'm after some help, I bought a 1.4 tdi arosa at the beginning of September from a member on here actually. Has been running great till last week when red oil light came on flashing and lost all power, but turned it off and on again and was fine till today when it did the same but wouldn't start for a few mins. I changed the oil and filter and also the oil pressure sensor at the weekend but this has obvs not fixed the problem. Just wondering has anyone else had this sort of issue before or ideas on what i can do. My next plan of action is take the sump off maybe see if there is some thick sludge in there getting stuck or if the seal from the pick up to pump is knackered. Any help would be great.

Edited by cultiv8ed chris

ours did this after a service. I put on an oil pressure gauge to keep an eye on things and changed the oil pressure sender, the one on top of the filter housing. turned out to be the plug for said sender, which being a rattly diesel had worked loose, oh well, everything was ok, good news

ours did this after a service. I put on an oil pressure gauge to keep an eye on things and changed the oil pressure sender, the one on top of the filter housing. turned out to be the plug for said sender, which being a rattly diesel had worked loose, oh well, everything was ok, good news

Drove to work today in it not a problem but will see it goes over the next few days. Just hoping if it does conk out it starts back up as don't want to be stuck. I'm thinking it might be wiring/plug as they have definitely been played with before.

Edited by cultiv8ed chris

the single wire going to the sender is the one to look at, it looks on but invariably the connection is intermittent which gives you your flashing light. ours didn't cut out mind, perhaps I got to it before that started. ours is the humble sdi though your tdi may have more bells and whistles than ours, good luck , geoff