First Car

Arosa's Bitch

Hi, just recently purchased a 1litre Arosa in Metallic Platinum. Does anyone know where I could find a decent set of black alloys with red stripes? Can only find 17"+ which is too big. Hoping to make some nice changes to this little beast haha

Apologies for quality and size of the picture.

Cheers guys :)

IMG-20130929-01951_zps4df986f7.jpg

Someone has said alloys in that colour are generally cheaper quality. So buy decent ones and redo them. Umm how hard is that going to be haha

Well they're right, they won't be brilliant. If you're going to do that, which would be better, then I'd suggest getting a paint shop doing it. Of course that depends on how much you have spend. So I suggest saving your money and getting a good job done on good wheels. What idea do you gave in mind wheel wise?

Well they're right, they won't be brilliant. If you're going to do that, which would be better, then I'd suggest getting a paint shop doing it. Of course that depends on how much you have spend. So I suggest saving your money and getting a good job done on good wheels. What idea do you gave in mind wheel wise?

Yeah I don't think I could really do it any justice if I did it myself. I'm thinking of black twin 6 spoke wheels, seen some OZ Racing ones but need to sort out my spending range first i think, or just be spontaneous haha

If you wanna do it yourself have a little google on a product called plastidip.

It's pretty pricey over here (you're looking at £13-15 quid a can) but it's a spray paint and it dries kind of like vinyl. You can peel it off anything if you don't like it and it's really easy to use and doesn't require sanding and primering. It is actually really straight forward.

Considering it peels it holds up really well, i've got it on my boot catch which is used probably daily and it hasn't budged or anything and you can wash it fine. The only trouble with it would be if you scuffed a kerb it'd scrape the paint but then you'd probably have that problem however you painted them, professionally or not. I don't think it'd come off at all though with day to day use on the rims. You can get quite a variety of colours, it's quite big in America I think but not so heard of over here. I've only used the black so i'm not sure how the other colours are with coats and coverage. No complaints with the black though.

If you wanted stripes though it's probably best to take it to a workshop, it'd be really difficult on wheels.

Edited by Elz8462
  • Like 1

If you wanna do it yourself have a little google on a product called plastidip.

It's pretty pricey over here (you're looking at £13-15 quid a can) but it's a spray paint and it dries kind of like vinyl. You can peel it off anything if you don't like it and it's really easy to use and doesn't require sanding and primering. It is actually really straight forward.

Considering it peels it holds up really well, i've got it on my boot catch which is used probably daily and it hasn't budged or anything and you can wash it fine. The only trouble with it would be if you scuffed a kerb it'd scrape the paint but then you'd probably have that problem however you painted them, professionally or not. I don't think it'd come off at all though with day to day use on the rims. You can get quite a variety of colours, it's quite big in America I think but not so heard of over here. I've only used the black so i'm not sure how the other colours are with coats and coverage. No complaints with the black though.

If you wanted stripes though it's probably best to take it to a workshop, it'd be really difficult on wheels.

I had a look at that on youtube and yeah, if i was just spraying it black it probably wouldn't be too bad. But i am tempted towards red stripes haha.To be on the safe side I think id rather pay more and know it's been done well than me completely ruin it. thanks for the advice :)

Edited by Arosa's Bitch