My First Car = Lupo!!!

Kirsty15

Hi everyone.

just joined this forum as I bought my first car (VW Lupo X reg 1.0l 99000 miles) about a month ago!

tbh im starting to think the car hasnt been that well maintained but that will change.

It has a few issue such as an engine check warning light on (appartenly for catalytic converter but needs checking properly by a proper mechanic) and the fan only works on full blast! I'm hoping that these are just teething problems (I know about the warning light when I bought it but was told it was an error rather than a fault somewhere(should have had it double checked)) due to the age of the car. has anyone else had similar problems or know of any easy simple solutions for these (im a bit of a novice when it come to fixing things on cars)?

Kirsty

Edited by Kirsty15

My Fiesta had a blower that only worked on full blast. It was because the resistor pack had blown. The full power is connected directly to the power but all the slower settings go through a resistor. Sorry I don't know where this is on the lupo but on most cars it's an easy replacement.

I had a light on, bought a "Vgate Scan vs600" online, £25 and its the best £25 I've spent in a while, put the light out and told me what the problem was :) just plugs in behind the ashtray. might help you out, and if it comes on again it will tell you what the problem is on the screen. :)

• 9 months later...

I had a light on, bought a "Vgate Scan vs600" online, £25 and its the best £25 I've spent in a while, put the light out and told me what the problem was :) just plugs in behind the ashtray. might help you out, and if it comes on again it will tell you what the problem is on the screen. :)

Long shot… which one did you get? Or are they all the same? I'm googling away to see if it's worth getting to keep a check on the lupo

• 5 months later...