Urgent help required!

Hello there :)

A few months back (when I had a timing belt changed) the mechanic said the diagnostic was showing dodgy coilpack which I planned on replacing but never got round too. It's been running fine on this coilpack with no lights coming on, however during the lastweek I have started to lose power, and both the EPC and the Engine check lights have come on and stayed on.

I had it diagnosed again today- this coilpack raised no errors so that seems intermitant, however there was one fault code (P1018) which im told is a problem with the inlet manifold.

I've search the internet but everything i've founded is pretty ambiguous, I wondered if anybody has previously had this problem/fault code or has any information on the inlet manifold.

Any help would be greatly appretiated!

Jack

EPC, go and check your break lights are functioning correctly.

Engine light, for us we changed plugs + leads, and was fine. Well originally I got some from ECP, but the leads were crap and only lasted about 100 miles. So we bought some genuine VW ones and fine since, but not sure if this is your problem especially as it's thrown up a code for something completely different

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17426/P1018/004120 ross tech link, but guessing you've seen that.

Disconnect your battery for an hour or over night, see if it clears it

Massive thanks for the replies gents-

I have been reading alot about throttle body issues, definitely looks like it's the next step to take when I find a guide on how to do it.

I did read the EPC common fault was the brake switch- but got a friend to check and the brake lights are working perfectly :wacko: I will be replacing the coilpack and leads just for peace of mind - thanks for the tip looks like genuine is the way to go :)

I did see the rosstech link- not very specific on the problem but it seems to suggest an issue with the intake runner motor 2- of which I know nothing :angry2:

I'll try the battery tonight :) although it is the running issues i'm more worried about!