Vagcom cable

Lol dblock, you obviously didn't read what I wrote the other day about these hahaha :D

Go for the first one. I genuinely mean that. The first one is cheap, legal, and will do everything you need on a Lupo basically, using the old version of VCDS-Lite which is called that 409 thing.

The second two are both illegal fakes and I'm surprised eBay continues to let them get away with selling them. Basically, they've cloned the eeprom of an original cable, hacked the accompanying software so that it will work with the fake cable. So yes... you will get a full version, but that isn't the end of it. In an attempt to stop this, Ross-Tech put in a piece of anti-piracy code which can wipe these cables if they are detected as fake. So if you upgrade the software, it'll wipe the cable guaranteed. Hell, if you go on other VW forums people have said they've gone on the Internet while using one with the hacked software provided, and it's wiped them. You're basically taking a massive risk with one of these. So, I wouldn't touch them unless you can get them for as cheap as the legal 409 ones. You're paying £50+ for something that could be wiped any day.

• Like 1