Right click Keyless Entry fitting

When you say your boot is playing up, does it work on the key in the drivers door? If it does, you'll be okay, but if it doesn't, then this kit won't fix it. All this kit does is simply add a radio to your drivers door lock in truth. It essentially mimics the action of locking using a key. The fact it does it so well is of credit to the manufacturers. Not just RightClick though, there are various different companies who make these.

Fitting it is easy enough yes. Basic electrical knowledge, and understanding of removing trim and you'll be fine. I am intending on writing a tutorial for this in the next day or so. I fitted mine on Saturday. Very satisfied so far.

Range is excellent, keyfobs are excellent and if it lasts then it's definitely a mod worth doing.

Edited by Skezza

When you say your boot is playing up, does it work on the key in the drivers door? If it does, you'll be okay, but if it doesn't, then this kit won't fix it. All this kit does is simply add a radio to your drivers door lock in truth. It essentially mimics the action of locking using a key. The fact it does it so well is of credit to the manufacturers. Not just RightClick though, there are various different companies who make these.

Fitting it is easy enough yes. Basic electrical knowledge, and understanding of removing trim and you'll be fine. I am intending on writing a tutorial for this in the next day or so. I fitted mine on Saturday. Very satisfied so far.

Range is excellent, keyfobs are excellent and if it lasts then it's definitely a mod worth doing.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for your guide :)

and the boot and passenger door seem to be filled with gunk or something as keys don't turn well and wont unlock

OK, so the keys don't turn but the mechanism is separate from the key. Does it work on your central locking?

OK, so the keys don't turn but the mechanism is separate from the key. Does it work on your central locking?

Yeah still works on my central locking just those 2 keyholes don't work

Not yet I should be very soon, what one would you suggest?

Well it's up to you really. If you desperately want the flip key, then I'd suggest going for the RightClick kit as they come with Flip Keys as standard, but they're quite expensive in my opinion. In truth, you're paying a premium for the flip key, nice instructions, and an activity LED... so to speak (don't take that the wrong way those who went for RightClick). I didn't want a Flip Key and I wasn't bothered about the activity LED. The thing putting me off the Flip Key was that too many people on here have complained that the pin wears out after 12 months and they start falling apart a bit. It's up to you that is.

If you want sheer value for money, I went for this kit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Universal-Car-Remote-Control-Central-Door-Lock-Locking-Keyless-Entry-System-/270992108347?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item3f18636b3b

I know people will pull their face going "cheap ****" but I've never been a fan of brand snobbery. RightClick are selling the same kit for £24.95 (link).

For the extra 15 quid, you get a nice set of instructions + an LED. Like I said, I can live without an LED and you'll be using the instructions from here. Admittedly, the instructions supplied read like they've been written by a 'special' child (they stay stuff like "Press Unlock Button - Unlocks Doors" lol, degree in stating the obvious). I fitted the kit above and I am very happy so far. I did however test it before fitting it using a Power Pack. I wouldn't say it's necessary though. I dismantled mine to check out the circuit board and it's a really simple design, the same circuit board they all follow... oh, and there's a place where you can solder your own LED if you like :D

If you're a bit of a snob ( :D ) then you could always go for this kit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-UPGRADE-REMOTE-KEYLESS-FOR-CENTRAL-LOCK-/330479665244?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item4cf21f805c

Carbon fibre remotes which look pretty sweet, a hotline you can phone for fitting assistance + hopping code which is what all the new BMW's and Merc's have. In truth, I really couldn't see the security benefit of the hopping code, as thieves aren't going to be targetting 7+ year old Lupo's are they lol? Plus the reason why they incorporated hopping code was due to thieves being able to clone genuine keys based on the remotes, so they could actually steal the vehicle. High Five for lock barrels :D

Edited by Skezza

The rclick flip keys aren't very good. I went for one and within weeks the key started to come loose so ended up buying one of the fobs.

I can't speak from experience on the keys, but I can say that I've seen plenty of aftermarket kits with fobs and they tend to last for ages. The fob on mine seems well made and has an excellent range. I reckon over 50 yards and that is no exaggeration. I tried it from right at the end of my street which is quite a long way and with no obstacles it still worked.

Plus, with a flip key you'll need to get it cut (hard enough because lots of key cutters won't do it) and transfer the transponder which people have snapped in the past. I hear the general way to do it is to boil it in water first so the outer plastic expands.

I have written the text guide but I've not been able to take the photos yet due to the horrendous weather. I do have some that I took while fitting, however I wanted to take one of where I placed the box and the way I routed the wires. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it clears up, if not, I'll post the How To without the final pictures then add them later.

I have written the text guide but I've not been able to take the photos yet due to the horrendous weather. I do have some that I took while fitting, however I wanted to take one of where I placed the box and the way I routed the wires. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it clears up, if not, I'll post the How To without the final pictures then add them later.

Okay cool I'll keep an eye out as I wanna get it done soon :)

I can't speak from experience on the keys, but I can say that I've seen plenty of aftermarket kits with fobs and they tend to last for ages. The fob on mine seems well made and has an excellent range. I reckon over 50 yards and that is no exaggeration. I tried it from right at the end of my street which is quite a long way and with no obstacles it still worked.

Plus, with a flip key you'll need to get it cut (hard enough because lots of key cutters won't do it) and transfer the transponder which people have snapped in the past. I hear the general way to do it is to boil it in water first so the outer plastic expands.

ordered the kit you bought, have you done the guide yet?

Almost there, just getting the photos done lol!! There are a couple I didn't take that I'll need to add but the text is all fairly easy to follow.

Excellent great work! :D

Hopefully get it fitted next week depending when it arrives :)

Edited by Afksam