new to lupo land

bezzell

hi all thankyou for welcoming me into your wonderful world of lupo ownership ive just got a 1999 1.4 automatic in soft blue with 44k mls on the clock and a full main dealer stamped service history the car was bought off a friend purely by chance i recieved a text the car was a bargain so i took a chance and.....wow what a fantastic car where to start ? its comfy,quiet amazingly roomy inside for my 6ft 2" 16stone bulk the standard stereo is amazing the gearbox is so smooth theres no leaks or squeaks compared to my citroen zx ive owned previously to this the only faults i can find with it are theres no cup holders lol i love the way the dials light up blue at night,the lightness of the power sterring and the way it costs half the price to fill up :thumbup:

does anybody know what mileage i will get on £30 of fuel ? i drive like a granny speedlimits everywhere im hoping for 250 ! is this being too optimistic ?

Welcome :) and from the northwest, I travel to blackburn everyday! I reckon you'll get more than 250 to be honest, economic driving could see up to about 300 miles.

Edited by Arosa.Al
  • Like 1

i live in great harwood but travel to darwen mon-thursdays ill keep an eye out then not many of these little cars about is there hadnt noticed till ive got 1 just how rare they are !

They're all owned by the wrong generation! I'm at training 2000 Monday to Friday, only usually drive in on a Friday. But I will keep my eye open. Any plans?

No, they are now being bought by "the wrong generation".

The were much cooler when most were in the hands of mature drivers and only a few were owned by the young.

Welcome, enjoy the Lupo and obviously your mileage will be down on most 1.4s as it's auto.

R

No, they are now being bought by "the wrong generation".

The were much cooler when most were in the hands of mature drivers and only a few were owned by the young.

Welcome, enjoy the Lupo and obviously your mileage will be down on most 1.4s as it's auto.

R

My apologies! I guess you're right

hi all thankyou for welcoming me into your wonderful world of lupo ownership ive just got a 1999 1.4 automatic in soft blue with 44k mls on the clock and a full main dealer stamped service history the car was bought off a friend purely by chance i recieved a text the car was a bargain so i took a chance and.....wow what a fantastic car where to start ? its comfy,quiet amazingly roomy inside for my 6ft 2" 16stone bulk the standard stereo is amazing the gearbox is so smooth theres no leaks or squeaks compared to my citroen zx ive owned previously to this the only faults i can find with it are theres no cup holders lol i love the way the dials light up blue at night,the lightness of the power sterring and the way it costs half the price to fill up :thumbup:

does anybody know what mileage i will get on £30 of fuel ? i drive like a granny speedlimits everywhere im hoping for 250 ! is this being too optimistic ?

Hi mate, and welcome! When I bought mine (a 1.4s) I filled the tank for £37ish and got 298 miles and I was about half way into the red so she still had a few miles in her! That was all motorway though and I was doing about 80 mph most of the way. Hope this helps :)

well i managed 180 miles on £30 which seemed a bit poor so im no seeing what i can squeeze out of £10 by driving EVERYWHERE at granny pace on the last fill up curiosity got the better of me and i floored it to see what i was missing ........not much lol i guess if i want speed ill need another 1000cc motorbike but i bloody love the thing warm,dry,quiet n easy to park :thumbup:

plans not really as have lots of bills so moneys tight as other familys but i guess once do have a bit free ash id like to lower it fit a back box and maybe have the windows tinted id be well happy with that :yes:

for the mean time im trying to hunt down a smurf cuddly toy to hang off the rear tow eye as ive namd the car "smurf" due to the colour !

1 of my work colleuges fetched me in a small rubber smurf thee other day to stick to my dash :tongueout: